superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:45:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: People that SHOULD be on Earth-1  (Read 3979 times)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« on: June 04, 2007, 01:05:11 PM »

Isn't it likely that if Salman Rushdie existed on DC-Earth, at some point Superman or any other hero would have been called on to protect him from that crazy fatwah? I mean, c'mon, at one point, Iranian businessmen were offering $3 million to off the guy, not to mention the $600,000 bounty the clerics offered.

Except for Nazis and "evil Russians," there aren't a lot of villains with known political affiliations, but still - 3 million smackers can tempt even the amoral mercenaries of the DC Universe, guys like Mirror Master and Captain Cold, Deathstroke the Terminator, etc.

Then there's that hubba-hubba Mrs. Rushdie, who can be fantastic in the hands of an Aparo or someone with skill for gorgeous chicks. Incidentally Padma Lakshmi, Salman Rushdie's wife, was in GLITTER. Which means that at some point, Salman Rushdie had to see GLITTER.

It's known the creators of Superman are two kids from Cleveland (and Metropolis is partially based on Cleveland), so I'm honestly surprised a known Clevelander like Michael Stanley has never popped up in a Superman comic anywhere. I mean, the guy is a comics fan: check out the Neal Adams ("Four cows shot me down") issue of AVENGERS on the cover of the CABIN FEVER album.

And then there's another known Clevelander, Drew Carey. He's one of the few people in real life that look like Kurt Schaffenberger drew him.

Incidentally, one of the worst things about the internet is the anonymity. Ever since I heard Mark Hamil and Samuel L. Jackson were comics fans, I've been blowing my brains out on message boards wondering "Is THIS guy, behind the screen name, really Samuel L. Jackson?"

I can totally see Luke Skywalker himself on Superman Through the Ages exclamation point.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 12:03:24 AM »

They are both welcome here  Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 11:09:25 AM »

I have had it with these these m.f. moviestars on this m.f. messageboard!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 03:23:17 PM »

Mr. Jackson, do you think the Phantom Zoners deserved to die?

YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 09:22:38 AM »

what?
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 12:04:54 AM »

Okay, okay, I'll admit it, I'm really Samuel L. Jackson. You found me out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L