superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:00:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Lori Lemaris got the power of Shazam?  (Read 27945 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 10:00:46 PM »

The Lt Marvels and Hoppy, I think are still valid references, though.

Well, in the old Fawcett days, Hopy was NOT cannon. He lived in a different funny animal universe.

Captain Marvel and Billy were treated as two different people, just like in the new Jeff Smith series.

For that matter, when people think of the Weisenger Age, they think the Super-Pets...but with the exception of Krypto and Comet, the Super-Pets had only a few appearances, and they were cute comedy stories where their existence made sense. It wasn't like Krypto was showing up regularly to save Superman's bacon. Some Super-Pets only showed up once: Mynah the Super-Bird, for instance.

True, Super Monkey rarely was in any comics, and even then most were just cameo appearances, yet in the 1990's Iron Age fanboys would always bring him up in order to "prove" that the pre-crisis Superman was only silly nonsense and the 1990's was the best. So I picked my name to spite them Wink

There needs to be a moratorium on Captain Marvel threads, stat. I'm sick of hearing about the guy.

Yet you keep posting in each one Wink

deep down you know you like him Smiley

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 10:14:40 PM »

Incidentally, is this the seventh christdamned thread about Captain Marvel in as many weeks?

No, it's christblessed! For some reason, Our Lord wants us to post messages about a guy with polytheistic powers. Personally, I don't mind, because I'm happy to talk about Captain Marvel until Mount Everest turns to mushroom soup; say what you like, but that dude has one fine costume on him.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2007, 12:54:56 AM »

but that dude has one fine costume on him.
yes he does, but it is not a costume, it is an uniform! Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 04:25:47 AM »

Oh, come on... Cap'n Marvel's a great character.  Where else are you going to have a decent discussion about him?  DC's?

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2007, 06:12:43 AM »

A little bit more On Topic:

I wonder if Lori's ideal image of herself would include having legs.  Does she think that her mermaid form was the major barricade to her romance with Clark/Superman?  Is Clark/Superman still her ideal mate even after she marries whassiname, the alien merman?

I wonder what the gods of Tritonis (besides Triton/Poseidon) are and if they would be more a propo for a mermaid Capt. Marvel.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L