superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:21:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Karma: Take it or leave it?
Keep the Karma feature turned on - 4 (26.7%)
Turn it back off - 11 (73.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Instant Karma?  (Read 53891 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2007, 12:13:09 PM »

I was just failing at being funny, don't mind me. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 06:06:42 PM by Super Monkey » Logged

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2007, 02:38:02 PM »

None of this karma stuff seems in the spirit of Superman.  People like Julian getting picked on is the best reason in the world to ditch karma.  Sure, he's obsessive (or at least, he seems to make time to be obsessive) and I don't always agree with his ideas, but he brings new ideas and discussions to the table and isn't a troll by any stretch.  If I wanted cliques and cults of personality, I'd go somewhere else.  I'm here to share with other people who have genuine "love" for Superman. 

If anyone wants whatever little karma I have to apply toward a negative karma balance and make it a positive, I'd love to somehow give mine away like a penny jar at a cash register.  On that note, the karma thing might be more compelling is if karma points could be used for harmless fun that actually relates to the board itself.  Perhaps there could be a gambling pool on who Superman's next writer is gonna be, or when Lana stops being CEO of Lexcorp?  I dunno. 

And besides, "karma" is a Marvel Super Heroes RPG concept, not DC.  Smiley
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2007, 06:11:30 PM »

I am still trying to figure out how llozymandias has negative karma.
That doesn't seem right, other than not being able to get his avatar to show up correctly, he seems like a "Jolly Good Chap".

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2007, 10:11:38 PM »

Whoa, everyone, I feel a bit responsible for having contributed to the Karma system, which I really just thought of as a bunch of horseplay; I certainly didn't mean for anyone to get singled out or anything. Could we just keep it as a feature but not take it seriously, know what I mean?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 05:15:37 AM »

Am I ever late in noticing this.  Seems dumb, and from the above posts, is being used differently from Rao's intent, in essence to punish people we don't agree with instead of rewarding for positive contributions.  It's hard to imagine a time when I click a plus or minus button unconsciously as part of my reading regime.

Karma=thought police.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 05:19:11 AM »

I still don't like it, all these weeks later.

Just don't think it adds anything to the site and I don't see how it indicates anything meaningful.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2007, 08:06:11 AM »

Just don't think it adds anything to the site and I don't see how it indicates anything meaningful.

And you have the highest score of all!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2007, 02:24:33 PM »

Help! Im in stasis - holding at a lone number ...lo these many weeks.  Still 13 and stagnating!

And 13 is surely the unluckiest number of ALL!

Unless one of you cuts me down or raises me up~

Oh the enormity of it all! Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L