superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:50:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Kirby's world, we all just live in it  (Read 14261 times)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« on: June 13, 2007, 11:16:01 AM »

Proof positive that we live in a Kirby comic, the Pentagon just confirmed they attempted to build a pheremonal/chemical "gay bomb:"

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_159222541.html

What troubles me the most is the chilling failure of science fiction and comics to predict this particular gizmo  Science fiction writers predicted the atom bomb, why not the gay bomb? Why didn't Nick Fury use a "weaponized gay gun" or something like that? I can totally see the Forever People, Lex Luthor, or the Hairies blasting folk with homobeams.

On the other hand, I've seen bigger gaysplosions on this forum, and they cost considerably less than $7.5 milion.

Way to go, military! This raises the frightening possibility, however, the Russians might get an edge on us in homonuclear weaponry.

At any rate, this whole idea is a cross between Kirby and an especially immature teenage wank fantasy (yes, I'm aware of the irony in that statement).

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »

a strange U.S. military proposal to create a hormone bomb that could purportedly turn enemy soldiers into homosexuals and make them more interested in sex than fighting.

Amazing: a make-love-not-war bomb. Of course, the proposal rather ignores the fact that homosexuality was encouraged in the Spartan army, because it serried the ranks - and let's face it, you wouldn't want to get on the Spartans' bad side.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM »

I guess the point isn't so much that it changes your orientation, but that it makes your comrade look so darn hot you'd rather jump his bones than fight the enemy.  Frankly that sounds nuts to me since I'm betting the "fight or flight" impulse is the one thing stronger in humans than the sex drive.  So I'd expect them to maybe shoot first and make out later.

This ranks right up there with the plot to make Castro's beard fall out so his people would lose respect for him.  Huh?

We're not living in Kirby's world, though...just today I've seen about 20 people with faces that looked different from each other, and not a one of them had squared-off finger tips.

This looks like a job for...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 02:51:03 PM »

It's a Kirby world depends on who's inking. 

Hopefully, Joe Sinnott and not Chic Stone. Wink
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 02:58:18 AM »

The sad thing about this "gay bomb" is it seems to play into the US military's homophobic assumption that gays aren't capable of being good soliders, or that they're oversexed... hmph.

Wonder if Canada or the UK wastes taxpayer money on coming up with stuff like this...

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 07:57:59 AM »

Wonder if Canada or the UK wastes taxpayer money on coming up with stuff like this...

Here in the UK, we waste all our money on exploding pens and cars for James Bond.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 10:16:28 AM »

They didn't "just confirm" this.  It was news in early 2005 that was resuscitated.  What prompted its attention enough to request it via FOIA was it being part of a marketing CD in 2000-2001.  Here's the actual document, with other "speculative" ideas as well:

http://www.sunshine-project.org/incapacitants/jnlwdpdf/wpafbchem.pdf

Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 12:13:16 PM »

Quote from: nightwing
We're not living in Kirby's world, though...just today I've seen about 20 people with faces that looked different from each other, and not a one of them had squared-off finger tips.

As subtle as a howitzer, Nightwing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L