superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:18:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Waid Returns to the Flash...  (Read 7836 times)
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« on: June 16, 2007, 12:20:59 AM »

Current series to be canceled at #13.

Story

I'm excited, I've wanted Waid back on this title for years.
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 03:59:51 AM »

I'm very happy too. Waid´s Flash is still the best. Sorry, Geoff. I hope Waid really go in different directions and change the industry again. 
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 04:22:17 AM »

Waid's Flash reminded me of the old Silver Age Flash - which I really liked.  Flash got pretty powerful there.

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 03:30:35 PM »

This seems a desperate move to revive a sinking relaunch. If you head over to dccomics.com, solicitations are still up for issues 14 and 15. DC pulled the plug to generate sales even though Flash: TFMA just appeared to hit stride.

I would expect the same relaunch of a relaunch to occur in Wonder Woman.   

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 04:41:58 PM »

You are right. DC Comics have no idea of what they are doing whatsover. But I can say that Mark Waid, on the other hand, will write a beautiful series no matter what Dan Didio wants. He saved super-heroes comics once, and why would´t he do it again? There´s a new classic coming...
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 04:22:28 AM »

You are right. DC Comics have no idea of what they are doing whatsover. But I can say that Mark Waid, on the other hand, will write a beautiful series no matter what Dan Didio wants. He saved super-heroes comics once, and why would´t he do it again? There´s a new classic coming...

Unless mistaken, Wally West returns to Flash v2. I am surprised Geoff Johns will not write the regular Flash series again. Aside from all the violence, Johns' stories appealed to me more than Waid's run. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 06:49:17 PM by Michel Weisnor » Logged

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 01:49:56 PM »

Boy, this conversation is bringing back forum memories. On an earlier occasion I talked at length about exactly why the Waid FLASH is overrated and what it did wrong:

http://superman.nu/smf/index.php?topic=1991.0

It was one of those "Me vs. Everybody" threads I thrive on, that are as envigorating to me as Irish Spring.

A few things I'd like to add:

1) As usual, Geoff Johns did right in many places what Waid did wrong. Impulse, for instance, once a hyperactive and annoying stereotype that reeked of insincerity, started to behave in a mature fashoin in Johns's TEEN TITANS. I can't believe I actually said that: I actually like Bart Allen now.

2) You might think, considering the low opinion I have of Waid's FLASH, that I'm depressed about him returning. Not really. Here's why: how anyone, even Mark "Barry has an evil twin" Waid be WORSE than the current Flash run?

Of course Flash would be better with Mark Waid, but then again it'd be better canceled, too.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 06:35:29 PM »

Waid´s Impulse was a very fresh concept at the time, I don´t remenber reading any similar character in those days or even now. The act before thinking, for me, was pure genius. Like Peter David stated in Young Justice 1, he was pure freudian Id. Also, a different aproach to the legacy of the Flash. Why have a carbon copy of the previous one if you coud have something original? Geoff´s Teen Titans are the stereotypes for me. Mature teengers are nothing new since Wolfman and Perez glorious days on the book that Johns just recycle. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L