superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:19:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Categories  (Read 10198 times)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« on: June 16, 2007, 05:00:32 PM »

Before someone decides to remove an entire category to entries on Supermanica, can we PLEASE have a discussion about it? Undecided
DrJohnnyDiablo
Supermen of America

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 11:27:19 PM »

I'm sorry. Sometimes I get overzealous in my editing. I can see that it may have shown a lot of hubris to delete the entire category without prior discussion.  Embarrassed

"New master didn't realize it am crime against Bizarro code to make anything perfect on Bizarro World! He is in trouble if his robots change shape of this planet into globe!"-Bizarro-Krypto(March, 1962)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 11:56:23 PM »

I think its great to comb over the entries for typos and tense, add headers to the top - but adding or subtracting categories affects the entire structure of the database.  I like Historical Figures because I think a casual visitor might be interested in seeing who from the "real world" Superman referenced over the years.  I actually agree with removing mythology, "gods" and biblical people from the category.

There's not too many of us left working on Supermanica, maybe after 2,000 entries there could be a discussion on all the categories, which are best, which could go.

There are categories I'm not a fan of either.  For example, I think that Criminals and Villains should combined as its hard to make a call, but for now, I'm just following what's agree upon.

For me, I think it would be great to see all the grammar, tense, and typos taken care of, and then we can decide on the best 40 or so categories.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 12:15:44 AM by MatterEaterLad » Logged
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 05:21:14 AM »

BTW, sorry for the lack of response, the discussion on the Wiki is very sporadic lately.  Its a little discouraging sometimes. Oh well...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 02:21:10 PM by MatterEaterLad » Logged
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 02:26:23 PM »

I have been following this. I just figured that you two could sort it all among yourselves, and you did.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 04:22:10 PM »

The point I was making is that can we have a prohibition on adding or subtracting categories until someone with admin status makes the call?  Its no fun changing many entries back and forth when all you have is an opinion on the matter.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 04:44:02 PM »

Any major change that is wanted should be discussed here 1st from now on.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DrJohnnyDiablo
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 04:03:08 AM »

Agreed.

"New master didn't realize it am crime against Bizarro code to make anything perfect on Bizarro World! He is in trouble if his robots change shape of this planet into globe!"-Bizarro-Krypto(March, 1962)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L