superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:16:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pg 16: "A Tremendous Decision!"  (Read 9908 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: June 18, 2007, 05:12:21 AM »

Page 16 is now online:

http://superman.nu/k-metal-from-krypton/?page=16

Angel handled the art chores on this one - from the layout to the pencils and inks.  The next three will be completely Shane.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 05:15:51 AM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 06:59:33 AM »

I love the fact that Professor Winton is shouting after Clark in the first panel, cupping his hand to make sure everybody hears him holler "REMEMBER! IT'S A SECRET! DON'T TELL ANYONE!"

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »

This project seems to be moving along a lot quicker now.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 07:29:58 PM »

This project seems to be moving along a lot quicker now.

That was my hope when I shuffled the art chores.  With Angel and Shane now each handling pages on their own, there's less back-and-forth on every little change; and no creator differences to hash out.

In fact, Angel and Shane only have two pages apiece left to finish.  Angel is currently working on the last two in the story: 25 and 26.  Shane finished 17 a while back and is working on 18-19.

Page 20 is in my court.  I have a full-size photocopy of the original art, which was so large that I had to cut it up into individual panels to get them to fit on my flatbed scanner.  I've reassembled the page in Photoshop and now I have to do a lot of cleanup on it:  Removing dirt, dust, pencil lines, and photocopy noise.

Then we've got a special guest artist handling pages 21-24.  He's just finished his two "new" pages, and is now reworking two 1940 pages.

I've seen Shane's page 17; Angel's pencils for 25; and the finished art for 22 and 24 - I'm extremely excited, this stuff is fantastic!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 03:19:24 AM »

I love the fact that Professor Winton is shouting after Clark in the first panel, cupping his hand to make sure everybody hears him holler "REMEMBER! IT'S A SECRET! DON'T TELL ANYONE!"

Ha ha ha - that's funny.  I didn't think of that so much as he was calling after Clark as he left.  But it makes sense in that they are at the observatory, and all the ones I ever saw were by themselves on a hill.  But, maybe this is where the epilogue events start from?  Hmmmm.

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L