superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:52:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More news from Kurt Busiek  (Read 9786 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: June 19, 2007, 04:57:07 PM »

Kurt answers more questions from readers:

http://supermanhomepage.com/inter-action/inter-action.php?topic=QfK/QfK

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 05:31:50 PM »

"I'm sure a lot of people are going to ask this, but here goes: Lightray died just last week in Countdown (complete with Superman screaming in big red letters), but is alive and well in the new issue of Superman, is this because of all the delays, or did you just want to use Lightray, and we're supposed to assume this story took place before Countdown 48? Or most sinister of all, is it just a mistake?

Kurt: It's noted on the splash page that the story takes place before Countdown 48, actually. And yeah, it was scheduled to come out earlier, but, well, we're almost out of the schedule problems of last year, but not completely. Soon, though!"

I hope DC fixes scheduling problems. Countdown and monthly title continuity is all over the place.

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 08:31:02 PM »

Mike: I really enjoy seeing Clark talk through his problems with Lana & Lois in this issue. I do wish Clark was sometimes shown hanging out with guy friends (non-superhero). It seems his pal Jimmy is his main male friend but Jimmy often is shown as too immature to be really there for Clark. Any thoughts about this?

Kurt: I have to admit, I haven't really thought about it. Maybe we'll have to do something about that...

One of the many reasons that I liked Vartox so much was because of the close friendship that he and Superman shared.  They were equals and they talked about real things.  Vartox was the only person that Superman was able to have no secrets from - he could just relax, open up, and be himself.  I think one of the reasons that Superman is now much less uptight and more laid-back about things than he was in the 80s is because of his friendship with Vartox.

Either that or because the 80s never happened.  I forget.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 10:45:29 PM »

Depends which Earth the 80s happened on, I suppose.

And there's only 52 of them -- for now.
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 06:23:33 PM »

As indicated in Sinestro Corps Special (which I HIGHLY recommend.....there's a lot going on, including a major "break-through", so to speak) , there are 52 parallel earths in THIS universe, as well as 52 parallel UNIVERSES.

so what would that be, 52 x 52 x 52 = 140,608 earths?   Are my calculations correct? 
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 08:25:33 PM »

I am suck at Math, but let's see here:

each universe has 52 earths and there are 52 universes so shouldn't that be 52 x 52?
2,704 Earths in all?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 08:56:39 PM »

Yeah, 2704, I can't say why I thought it should be multiplied again.

52 universes, each with 52 earths
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 09:01:56 PM »

More to be destroyed in the next senses shattering crisis! Shocked
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L