superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:52:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legion of Super Heroes, Superfriends, Justice League,  (Read 9301 times)
miceland
Superman's Pal

« on: June 22, 2007, 09:06:57 PM »

I get them all confused in my mind.

Legion of Super Heroes, is this just a kids only club? And it seems like it started in the fifties but now Legion stuff seems to be set in the 30th century.

Superboy is one of the first members? Is Superboy still Superboy in the 30th century? Is there some time traveling going on here?

Superfriends was the animated TV series I most fondly remember. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman all working together. Awesome. Was the Justice Leaugue depicted in this show?

I apologize for my juvenille questions.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 09:41:57 PM »

Yes, the Legion is a group of super heroes from the 30th (now 31st) century, they recruited Superboy to travel though time to join them on many adventures.  Legion by-laws prohibit adults from being members.

Super Friends was a TV show in the 70s-80s, usually Superman, Batman and Robin, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and some new kid "friends" (various).  Occasionally, other members of the Justice League of America joined them.  I can't remember all the specifics of some of the new hero characters in Super Friends, I'm sure there's tons of stuff if you search on the internet.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 10:11:20 PM »

Legion of Super Heroes, is this just a kids only club? And it seems like it started in the fifties but now Legion stuff seems to be set in the 30th century.

Yes, it's a kids' club; Yes, it seems to have started in the 1950s; and Yes, it seems to be set in the 30th century.  It might make sense if you read this story:
http://superman.nu/tales2/lsh/

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 10:19:59 PM »

The Legion of Superheroes is the one where everybody seems to be called Something Lad.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 04:24:18 AM »

Interesting that story of superbopy joining the LSH already shows brainy 5 as a member. Since Brainy and Supergirl joined at the same time logic would prove that Supergirl was a member before Superboy

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 07:22:44 AM »

The Legion of Superheroes is the one where everybody seems to be called Something Lad.
Or Lass! LOL!

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
miceland
Superman's Pal

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 06:14:57 PM »

I first read about them in a story with Composite Superman. I was like who are all these heroes that I haven't heard of and why do they have such funny names?

There is a quaintness to some of them, no?

Like - Bouncing Boy - is that really a power or just someone who belongs on We're Killing our Kids?
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 10:18:54 PM »

That's his power and it can be quite effective - think of BB as a WHAMMO super-ball wreaking havoc!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L