superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:00:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate that silly costume.  (Read 8966 times)
carmelo
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: June 23, 2007, 03:19:51 AM »

I confess,i hate with all my forces that silly costumes double breasted ,from the early golden age, with square shoulder and golden button. Cap has worn that stupid costume only from February to April 1940,so why "they"have pulled out ?Is like put on the Superman's breast the yellow shield of 1938 with the simple "S",and the boots with strapes.I hope that the real Captain Marvel on Earth-5 has the classic costume.                                     

« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 03:22:36 AM by carmelo » Logged
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 05:34:32 AM »

I like his classic uniform better than his 1st and current, well actually that is no longer true, but let's not go there.

But, I don't hate the button one.

This new toy has the classic one:
http://www.marvelfamily.com/images/misc/ShazamAF/ShazamAF001.jpg

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
miceland
Superman's Pal

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 06:09:41 PM »

I like the gold flowers or glyphs on the cape. Where did those go?
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:01:49 PM »

I like the button one. What I don't like though is when the neck part of it is drawn really big like Superman's is. (Often artists take that too far with him as well).

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:07:40 PM »

I like the button one too; it makes him look like a circus ringmaster (which is good). And the cape is great, with the collar and all that. Like miceland, I like it with the little ornaments on, fleurs-de-lys or whatever they are.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »

Yeah I like the button one too.  It actually looks a little more like a uniform and with a little military thing going on.  Superman's costume is classic, but I think Marvel's costume ranks up there with Batman's, Spiderman's, Silver Age Flash, Captain America's and Silver Age GL.  Really, really classic - and part of a group (take out Spidey and GL) - that can also be seen as unique in silloette.

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 12:18:15 AM »

Yeah I like the button one too.  It actually looks a little more like a uniform and with a little military thing going on.  Superman's costume is classic, but I think Marvel's costume ranks up there with Batman's, Spiderman's, Silver Age Flash, Captain America's and Silver Age GL.  Really, really classic - and part of a group (take out Spidey and GL) - that can also be seen as unique in silloette.
Good point! GL and Spider-Man both look basically the same in silhouette, but Captain Marvel is instantly recognisable, mainly thanks to the cape. It occurs to me that the Golden Age Flash is perhaps the most recognisable character in silhouette, because he looks just like Hermes. (I love his look, by the way; I hate it when people say "It looks like he's got a hubcap on his head".)

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 05:35:29 AM »

Actually, Batman's is probably the most immediately recognizable due to the pointy ears and scalloped cape.  SA Flash has got those cute little wing things on the ears and boots.  Cap America is similar but he's got the different boot and shield thing going on.  Good point on GA Flash - his would be really classic and it'd be Hermes/Mercury (like the FTD logo).

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L