superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Vs DC MOVIES  (Read 15703 times)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 01:28:03 PM »

Incidentally, the definitive moment the 89 Batman didn't work for me was when Beetlejuice was confronted by the Joker, and he snaps. It was supposed to be a Sean Penn/Al Pacino-style "caged animal" moment, but instead it looked more like a Saturday Night Live cast member flailing around in a bad Christopher Walken impression.
So THAT's what that was!  I could never take that scene entirely seriously either.  I couldn't stop thinking of him as Mr. Mom out of costume.  He just didn't do it for me as Bruce Wayne.  Alec Baldwin would've been a better choice from Beetlejuice, and he probably would've had more chemistry with Basinger. 

Maybe I missed it, but I'm having a hard time believing this thread has gone on so long without mentioning Avi Arad.

davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 02:17:08 PM »

I guess the whole thing I've been thinking about this is that Marvel has been getting a bigger exposure with it's characters on the big screen.  I never thought of DC's small screen stuff, but when it comes to big motion pictures, Marvel has jumped right in.  Yeah, there have been duds, but I haven't seen them.

When it comes to it, I've been impressed with the Marvel movies I HAVE seen.  They're a lot more "accurate" than the DC ones...

I mean, Batman has been a lifelong favorite on mine, but the 5 latest Batman live action movies portray a guy the I don't recognize AT ALL.  Where's the detective?  Where's the master of disguise?  I just see a guy in a rubber suit beating up bad guys.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 09:41:21 PM »

Maybe I missed it, but I'm having a hard time believing this thread has gone on so long without mentioning Avi Arad.

Avi Arad. Happy now? He's the bloke who produces the cartoons, right? Your point, Monsieur, she is, 'ow you say, eluding me.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2007, 04:20:52 AM »

Je ne comprend pas...  dommage.  Smiley

As near as I can figure, Avi Arad was the key ingredient that turned Marvel characters from being low-quality jokes on film to high-quality efforts that have been generally well-received.  He's been a key part of the live-action as well as the animated stuff.  He doesn't have a perfect track record by any means, but even his failed efforts are miles above Albert Pyun's Captain America. 

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2007, 09:38:46 AM »

Oh, okay, I've got you now. I didn't know all that.

Speaking of the Captain America film, which I've never seen, I only recently found out that it stars Matt Salinger, son of J.D., which is a strange and wonderful thing.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Sam Hawkins
Superman Fan

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2007, 09:57:38 PM »

Sorry if someone else pointed this out and I missed it.  There are a dozen of these "I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC" shorts up on YouTube now, and most are pretty funny.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av6fWfmugds

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L