superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe Krypton ChroniclesHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:58:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Even more varieties of Kryptonite  (Read 13938 times)
thomas
Superman's Pal

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 06:21:14 PM »

Classy.

My blog. Now featuring thoughts from Leinil Yu, Scott McCloud, Kurt Busiek, Brad Walker, and Evan Dorkin. Seriously!
Man they are slummin' it.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 06:57:56 PM »

Classy.

Not much I can do about it. I don't have the power to ban anyone.

Anyway, there was a reason why he had negative 800 billion karma points at one time Wink

That said, I think the hands off appoarch doesn't seem to work with trolls, so...

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:00:27 PM by Super Monkey » Logged

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
AMAZO
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 07:47:06 PM »

You've been Julianed thomas!

A GENIUS IN INTELLECT-
A HERCULES IN STRENGTH
A NEMESIS TO WRONG-DOERS-
The SUPERMAN!
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 08:07:47 PM »

Strong opinions are fine with me...I just can't seem to work up a hatred of writers or artists of comic books...I mean they are, well, comic books...
AMAZO
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 09:20:43 PM »

Hyperbole and histrionics are a problem in fan communities in general, whether comic book or otherwise. Everything is either "the greatest story/episode ever!" or "anyone who likes this deserves to be shot in the face!" Creators are all either geniuses or hacks. The problem is this totally misses the middle ground of creators who are pretty mediocre overall but manage to put out a few good stories (*cough*Jim Shooter*cough), to really talented writers who have also laid a few eggs in their time. Of course there is also difference of opinion--for example, I personally think Frank Miller is the most overrated creator ever. I believe he just trots out the same grin-n-gritty schtick over and over again; schtick which was fresh back when he first served it in the 1980s in Daredevil and Dark Knight, but which has become so copied that it has almost become a parody of itself. However, I respect someone's right to believe that Miller is a genius (even though they are wrong  Wink ).

A GENIUS IN INTELLECT-
A HERCULES IN STRENGTH
A NEMESIS TO WRONG-DOERS-
The SUPERMAN!
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 11:51:20 PM »

Whoa... I can't believe Julain worote a post with no references whatsoever to DC's Marvelous Competition!
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 02:23:31 AM »

jeez julian take it down a notch, yeesh.
ironman2978
Superman Fan

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 12:39:53 AM »

I think Braniac 5 says that there was 45 types of kryptonite in the Legion of Superheroes animated series and it was proven in many tv shows, movies and comic books.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L