superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonBatman!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countdown Teaser: And Evil Shall Inherit the Earth....  (Read 17416 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« on: July 02, 2007, 04:40:38 PM »

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=119149

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/countdown/SecondTease/BadBoys.html

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/countdown/SecondTease/BadBoys_big.html

Poor Lex...

Oh no, that better not be Kal-L..

Mullet Superman... OT: I'm beginning to wonder if Superman returned from the dead. That might explain the third kryptonian.

In the background, there appears to be an eye. Reminds me of...Mordru anyone?!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 04:46:23 PM by Michel Weisnor » Logged

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »

That looks like "Kingdom Come" Supes to me not Kal-L.
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 07:08:54 PM »

That looks like "Kingdom Come" Supes to me not Kal-L.

The costume might be Earth-22 but the scinty eyes reminds me of Kal-L. That's why I'm worried.  Sad

In case you missed the 1st image Spoilers:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=118774

"Dan DiDio:
Okay – but going deeper…the ground that they stand on is important, too. We put dead DCU characters in the foreground, and basically, anybody who was standing on the ground that the dead characters were laying in – that made them very vulnerable, with the idea being that they might not see the end of the year.

NRAMA: So the ground is the “dead zone?”

DD: Right. Anybody that was in the proximity of the dead zone is also in jeopardy."

If this holds true, villains on the hot seat are Granny Goodness, Eclipso Jean Loring version, Lex Luthor, and maybe Desaad. Speaking of Desaad, doesn't he remind you of the Time Trapper?  just a thought

Update:

I finally got a good look again at the 2nd teaser.

Front bottom left- Granny Goodness is in front of an Amazon shield. She appears to be wearing a Legion ring? I can't really make it out, maybe it's just wrinkles. Cheesy Granny's standing on the "dead zone" ground. Black Mary Marvel (poor Mary) hovers above the ground with Jean Loring Eclipso holding on to Mary. This an obvious reference to the original Countdown seduction of the innocent teaser. Black Mary is catching a lighting bolt with five fingers up. She's enjyoing herself too much. Jean Loring Eclipso stands on the ground. Her left hand is very claw like. A green arrow is broken. It doesn't look good for Conner Hawke or Ollie Queen. By Jean Loring Eclipso's left foot sits a red box with a gold looking dial? Any help would be great because I don't recognize it. The Black Racers' skis are broken. The Book of Destiny or the Crime Bible (can't tell) lays by/behind Lex's right knee. An Earth-1 looking Lex Luthor  kneels on the ground, in agony, and with bloody stigmata hands. By his left knee is the Jack Kirby object; again any ideas would be appreciated. The Trickster, standing on Superman's tattered cape (possibly with one foot on the ground) and dressed in Trickster II's costume(?), is holding Pied Piper's flute. He's motioning toward Lex. On the ground is Wonder Woman's sword. Desaad, looking very much like the Time Trapper, with a devious smile, gazes at the Trickster. An Earth-2 looking Penguin has one foot on Batman's cape and the other on the ground. He looks toward the Trickster with his left hand pointing toward Lex but it looks more like he wants something from the Trickster.

Top Right- Mullet Superman, wearing a cape this time, whispers something toward Cyborg Superman. His back is toward the viewer. Cyborg Superman appears to be listening. He's wearing the dreaded Sinestro Corps symbol. To Cyborg Superman's right is Kingdom Come Superman (he reminds me of Kal-L). His right hand is in a fist and glowing. If you look close, there appears to be eyes in the fist. Over to the left, Catwoman is listening to the Joker. Notice the Joker appears to be ready to poison her with his left hand. Behind the Joker stands a menacing John Jonzz the Martian Manhunter. He's holding a bloody knife in his left hand.

Center- Connected to the dead zone is the top of Darkseid's forehead. Above in the background appears an eye in the flames. The eye could be a hint to Solaris, Brother Eye, or Mordru?   
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 11:47:39 PM by Michel Weisnor » Logged

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 09:05:09 PM »

I never knew there was an Earth-2 Penguin still around, but it makes sense.

I'm curious what that symbol is on Hank Henshaw's chest.  Likes like some kind of weird GLC/Kryptonian letter/Kingdom Come logo combination.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 09:35:38 PM »

I never knew there was an Earth-2 Penguin still around, but it makes sense.

I'm curious what that symbol is on Hank Henshaw's chest.  Likes like some kind of weird GLC/Kryptonian letter/Kingdom Come logo combination.

Sinestro Corps symbol.

Doesn't really matter to me, I'm not wasting money on this crossover nonsense.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 12:32:08 AM »

That is the Kingdom Come Superman, why is he evil now, I have no idea, maybe the same reason why superheroes like Lex Jr of Earth-3 and Superboy-Prime are now somehow evil.

I bet this is all leading to a .....

SPOILER ALERT:

yet another year long crossover series!!! Of course!  Roll Eyes

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 01:40:07 AM »

That is the Kingdom Come Superman, why is he evil now, I have no idea, maybe the same reason why superheroes like Lex Jr of Earth-3 and Superboy-Prime are now somehow evil.

I bet this is all leading to a .....

SPOILER ALERT:

yet another year long crossover series!!! Of course!  Roll Eyes

If you want to get technical about it, that wasn't the Earth-Prime Superboy. Superboy Prime didn't live on a farm, nor did he arrive in a spaceship.

And Kal-L didn't have a fortress with a giant key or propose to Lois with 5-dimensional engagement ring.

Anyway, didn't SB Prime disappear in some kind of cosmic vortex only to magically reappear in the pages of COIE?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 02:00:27 AM »

If you want to get technical about it, that wasn't the Earth-Prime Superboy. Superboy Prime didn't live on a farm, nor did he arrive in a spaceship.

And Kal-L didn't have a fortress with a giant key or propose to Lois with 5-dimensional engagement ring.

Anyway, didn't SB Prime disappear in some kind of cosmic vortex only to magically reappear in the pages of COIE?

maybe...
http://superman.nu/tales2/comet/?page=24

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L