superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:48:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman Dailies 1942-1946  (Read 6101 times)
binarysunrise
Superman Family

« on: July 06, 2007, 05:12:28 PM »

I just got this volume back from the binders, and thought I'd share with all of you.  It covers the Superman daily strips, complete from 1942 to 1946, picking up at the point that Kitchen Sink press left off.

It is the first of many volumes I am making for my personal collection, but the hundreds of hours of prep work (and the impending triplets) mean the next volume will probably be quite a way off.  I made an extra copy that I'd like to share with some publisher in hopes that someone will realize that these classic stories need to see the light of day again.

The Speeding Bullet
   http://www.thespeedingbullet.com
--an archive of Superman newspaper strips--
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:27:51 PM »

Beautiful! Wow, all that hard work is paying off, eh? It's very frustrating to know this exists and I can't just get it off Amazon or anything.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 10:37:24 PM »

and hear i was thinking it was a retail item (although sans the dustjacket)
that looks really good.. i could see it being published
batmite
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 10:57:09 PM »

I just got this volume back from the binders, and thought I'd share with all of you.  It covers the Superman daily strips, complete from 1942 to 1946, picking up at the point that Kitchen Sink press left off.

It is the first of many volumes I am making for my personal collection, but the hundreds of hours of prep work (and the impending triplets) mean the next volume will probably be quite a way off.  I made an extra copy that I'd like to share with some publisher in hopes that someone will realize that these classic stories need to see the light of day again.

What a beauty BS, wish I had a copy.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 12:30:38 AM »

super-lust... powers... kicking in...

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 12:35:23 AM »

Very nice compilation, photocopies?
binarysunrise
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 04:40:14 AM »

Most of this volume were digital captures from online historical newspaper databases.  Towards the end there is a bit that were based from photocopies, and then towards the end of the next volume I'll have to start tackling my 1,000's of pages of microfilm printouts.  In either format, I cleaned up the images (deleting junk artifacts in the pictures), organized them in a massive word document, and printed them out on a laser printer. Smiley

The Speeding Bullet
   http://www.thespeedingbullet.com
--an archive of Superman newspaper strips--
carmelo
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 04:07:57 PM »

Link of online historical newspaper databases? it is a free site?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L