superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:09:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things you like to read/don't like in Superman comics?  (Read 25887 times)
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2007, 02:20:03 AM »

I wonder where you are going with childish, though.  I enjoy the Simpsons but detest Family Guy as a collection of unrelated childish gags, but I'm not sure adults or teens would agree with me.

As an adult who used to be a teen, I agree with you completely.

I agree with you both--while the baby Stewie and the dog Brian are funny, the show's otherwise pretty wretched, and comes off as just a lame Simpsons/South Park ripoff written by someone who apparently has a minimal attention span and a pile of old 70s/80s TV Guides.

I enjoyed the South Park episode that (over a two-part episode) ripped into "Family Guy"... :-)

thomas
Superman's Pal

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2007, 11:18:53 PM »

Man, so much in this thread a I agree with. I can't think of a list that wouldn't have lots of things already said, but I do want to add this thread is a lot of fun.

My blog. Now featuring thoughts from Leinil Yu, Scott McCloud, Kurt Busiek, Brad Walker, and Evan Dorkin. Seriously!
Man they are slummin' it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L