superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:49:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News Smallville Supergirl  (Read 17254 times)
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 11:35:11 PM »

Can you imagine showing up on the first day of the shoot and being told you have to drop trough? I'm just thinking what the first Supergirl had to go through..."Okay, you get the part but only after we see you naked." I'm sure she felt real comfortable! Shocked

I know a lot of fans are going to be up in arms about this, but I can't wait to see it! I'm in the camp that's hoping she'll at least try and train him to fly! It's past time they sent him off to journalism school already! Even the post-crisis Superman could fly by this point, is that really the standard we want Smallville to be compared to?   
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 01:01:36 PM »

So "Supergirl" shows up at age 19?  Isn't that about the age "Clark" is supposed to be (though I'm guessing Welling is, what, 34 or so by now?).

It continually amazes me that a show about "Superman" could be on for so long and never once interest me in watching it, but darned if they aren't keeping the streak alive.

This looks like a job for...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 02:36:52 PM »

She sure looks like Supergirl, but then again this tv show is Smallville of course they will change everything about Supergirl, so it doesn't even matter.

I wonder if Binder and Plastino will get a byline?

Im sure they created Supergirl as work-for-hire freelancers.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 06:06:03 PM »

She sure looks like Supergirl, but then again this tv show is Smallville of course they will change everything about Supergirl, so it doesn't even matter.

that shouldn't stop DC from giving credit to her creators

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »

Courtney Whitmore aka Stargirl was as well, but Johns & Molter got a byline in her short-lived solo book. I just think that it's past time that Binder & others started getting the same respect. That's why I blindsided the new Superman (and now Supergirl) editor with the question. His response was akin to a deer in the headlights.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 06:38:30 PM »

Yes of course they should credit the true creators.

Will they?

No.

Just ask Bill Finger.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 10:22:36 PM »

I just asked the ghost of Bob Kane and it told me that he never heard of such a person.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 08:16:59 AM »

I don't watch Smallville, and I've haven't seen any of Laura Vandervoort's other performances credited at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0888882/ . So I have no preconceptions concerning Laura's acting abilities, or on the wisdom of casting her on Smallville.

However, perhaps Laura Vandervoort was somehow predestined to play Supergirl...

According to the IMDb site, she was born in Toronto, Canada on September 22, 1984.

Toronto was also the birthplace of Joe Shuster, the co-creator of Superman.

1984 was the year the Helen Slater Supergirl movie was released.

And take a look at the DC Universe Calendar and see who shares Laura's birthday -- September 22!

http://www.geocities.com/the_time_trust_2000/calendar.htm

Somewhat spooky, isn't it?

DTO
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L