superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe ADVENTURES of SUPERBOY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:34:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Super Folks  (Read 3344 times)
Doza
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: July 15, 2007, 07:15:54 PM »

I wasn't sure if there was a specific post for intro's soo I put it up

Hey folks a major Superman fan here and been following Superman through the Ages for quite a while and now love the interactive forum style. Hi to all and looking forward to lively discussions.

ps having a raging battle at a comics forum where Ive kicked up alot of dust defending Supes seems everyone there was stagnant with their dark collalateral Damage hero's (if you can call them hero's ) Alot of people have come alive reliving or re-visiting Superman

they keep hitting me with GALACTUS as a challenge if I was a comics writer as opposed to bieng a fan I might come up with a definitive argument.

I know this is my first post and have no right to ask BUT
Answer the Challenge and give me some good fodder to Kick these Galactite's A$$$ 

Oh and once again ADMINS please move this to the appropriate forum sorry Big site concentration challenged (ME)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 07:18:29 PM by Doza » Logged
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 02:39:20 AM »

Welcome to the Boards.

Supes vs. Galactus... I got nothin'.  I suppose you could count the Jurgen's Fantastic 4/Superman cross-over - but I don't think it's a fair match-up myself.  I mean, why not try an argument of Superman vs. Old Testament God - what's the point?  Superman vs. Thanos, Supes would spank him like he does Darkseid.  Supes vs. the Surfer - be a neat battle.  Superman vs. Ultimate Ga-Lak-Tus - I think we already saw this in Our Worlds At War.

Really, however, I'd have to say that since the Marvel heroes already took Galactus down themselves early in Byrne's run on FF, I'd say that DCU could do the same.  Honestly, I think Spectre and Galactus are a more fair match-up (Spectre is another Joe Siegel creation).

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 03:28:15 AM »

I have no idea, but these two guys met:

http://comics.org/details.lasso?id=59834

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Doza
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:22:23 AM »

Ok so here was the challenge to all these collateral damage Goths or marvelites as ya might call them
http://komics-live.com/SMF/index.php?topic=8493.0

I got smacked with Galactus  and come to the experts for help

Take the challenge  !!!!   
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 06:16:01 AM »

I've got to register it seems before I can look at it.

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L