superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:24:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kingdom Come Superman will join the JSA!  (Read 9876 times)
Superman of America
Superman Family

« on: July 16, 2007, 02:55:59 AM »

Newsarama has a preview in its October solicits. KC Superman will indeed join the Justice Society! "His world needed better heroes so does ours!"
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Oct07/solicitations.html
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 02:57:52 AM by Superman of America » Logged

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 03:00:16 AM »

I always thought that the KC Superman was really the Earth-2 Superman.

Guess now it's official.

I'm pretty excited by the Action Comics description - Superman finally revisits his Legion pals as an adult!  Been waiting a loooooong time for that.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 03:32:31 AM »

I wouln't get too excited since wasn't he seen hanging out with those villians in that other pic?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 06:29:21 AM »

Funny - the whole KC JLA actually had a more of a JSA feel as it was.  I guess that would be a given considering that they are now the "older" heroes, so they'd be pretty much like the "older" JSA is characterized today.  But I thought it odd that Ross and Waid chose Alan Scott rather than Hal Jordan as the GL (possibly not to controvert the whole Parallax thing), which started me down the line that Wally could just have been Jay Garrick (with the helmet), Diana could stay the same, Bruce - well there never was much of a difference between E2 Bats, E1 Bats and Post-C Bats essentially.  Even when Spectre showed the narrator their origins, Supes was hefting an old Action Comics #1 jalopy and Bats was pretty much the same pic as his 1st app. in Detective.  Also, Hawk was still adorned in Egyptian trinkets.

Be interesting to see how this develops.

Rao, I agree on the whole Legion thing.  What stinks is that apparently the Superboy battles are keeping earlier Legion stories out.  I guess they could go "Superlad"?!?  It might work.  But, really, considering they've got Mon-El, they could just as well refer to Supes as Kal-El too.

Oh well...

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
RonFez.net
Superman's Pal

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 03:26:56 AM »

Yeah I never could figure out who the kingdom come Flash and GL were.  GL seems to be Alan Scott because of his blonde hair, but then at the end of the series he represents "new oa" at the UN and his hair is now darker.  The flash is still ambigious.  But did anyone notice that in the scene where spectre talks of heroes hiding in past in future times, the legion is shown and with them are a superboy and a supergirl?  I wonder who they are.
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 05:10:12 AM »

Yeah I never could figure out who the kingdom come Flash and GL were.  GL seems to be Alan Scott because of his blonde hair, but then at the end of the series he represents "new oa" at the UN and his hair is now darker.  The flash is still ambigious.  But did anyone notice that in the scene where spectre talks of heroes hiding in past in future times, the legion is shown and with them are a superboy and a supergirl?  I wonder who they are.

In the Absolute hardcover edition of Kingdom Come it was revealed that the Legion's Superboy and Supergirl were Kon-El and Matrix, who abandoned their native present time for the far future.

There was an incident during Kon-El's Superboy series when Ferro actually designed a Kingdom Come Superboy uniform for him, but Matrix never donned that particular costume.  However, the idea that Supergirl would permanently join the Legion did occur in the animated Justice League Unlimited.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:23:19 AM by dto » Logged

DTO
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 08:17:08 AM »

Newsarama has a preview in its October solicits. KC Superman will indeed join the Justice Society! "His world needed better heroes so does ours!"
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Oct07/solicitations.html

These modern DC comics are really screwy.  Do they come with a scorecard so you can keep track of who's who and what universe they are from?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 01:38:14 PM »

They could call it Who's Who and Where From!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L