superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill 9000's Earth 2 - Catwoman added 8/12/2007  (Read 13701 times)
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« on: July 19, 2007, 11:02:56 PM »

Greetings, everyone. I like what you guys have done with the place, and since I got the email about the new site name, I thought I'd pop in again. It's been quite a while since I posted anything new on this board, so I guess it's time to change that. I've set about building a web site that showcases my interpretations of various DC Comics characters over the years, and I'm taking the slant "What if Earth 2 became the primary Earth after the Crisis on Infinite Earths instead of ... more or less ... Earth One". So without further delay, here are the first five in the series. Some are based on certain comic book covers that I thought would be really cool to use as guidelines.

The Batman

Green Arrow

Power Girl

Superman

Mon-El
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:13:42 PM by Bill 9000 » Logged

Who goes there?!
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 12:49:21 AM »

Look good!

I can never see the Power Girl costume as one that blends with the old time look of the Golden Agers though...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 12:57:44 AM »

Look good!

I can never see the Power Girl costume as one that blends with the old time look of the Golden Agers though...

there were actually tons of "good girl" hero comics in the 1940's.
for example: http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/news_images/2652_7022_2.jpg

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 01:50:28 AM »

Most of them were wearing skirts.  Even when Wonder woman moved to shorts in the late 50s, they were long shorts.

But then, maybe its just me that sees Power Girl as just not fitting....I never have.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 01:52:53 AM by MatterEaterLad » Logged
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 05:47:59 AM »

Welcome back, Bill 9000!  I wondered what happened to you -- it seemed you vanished into the Phantom Zone.   Wink

Looking forward to see your interpretation of Robin and Huntress.  So, the the presence of Mon-El mean that there's an Earth-2 Legion of Super-Heroes?

DTO
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 04:22:13 PM »

Thanks, guys. Glad to be back, and glad you're enjoying the new pics.

Dto: You hit the nail right on the head, brother. In the future of my reimagined Earth 2, the Legionnaires do indeed exist ... even though Superboy and Supergirl do not. In my Earth 2 continuity, the Legion drew its inspiration primarily from Superman and the JSA, although R.J. Brande did also cite examples of younger heroes such as Infinity Inc. who were active in the late 20th century.

Matter-Eater-Lad: Maybe I should clarify a few things about Bill 9000's Earth 2. As I said, this is taken from the premise of the original Earth Two becoming the dominant template for a merged Earth instead of Earth One. That having been said, there will be Earth One elements incorporated into my new Earth 2. And it'll span the 20th century ... as well as touching on the 30th with the Legion.

And we ain't gonna play favorites and depict just heroes, either. The next one up will be a villain!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 01:41:38 PM by Bill 9000 » Logged

Who goes there?!
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 04:49:39 AM »

Okay ... I can't hold it in anymore. I'll reveal who's next on the list here before I do on any other board. The next offering in "Bill9000's Earth 2" will be none other than Darkseid.

Yes, it's true ... Jack Kirby's Fourth World is alive and well on my re-imagined Earth 2.

Who goes there?!
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 08:05:35 PM »

Okay, folks. Time to unveil number six in the "Bill9000's Earth 2" ... and the first villain in the series. And who better to prove that Jack Kirby's Fourth World is alive and well in the re-imagined Earth 2 universe than the lord of Apokolips himself ... Darkseid!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 02:07:48 PM by Bill 9000 » Logged

Who goes there?!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L