superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:50:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Final Crisis".Another Reboot?  (Read 30103 times)
carmelo
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: July 20, 2007, 04:54:36 PM »

Another total reboot for DC universe? Opinions? P.S. The characters in the trailer are very Silver Age style,isn't?   a Reboot towards the classic?                                                                                                 
Shot at 2007-07-20
Composite Superman
Supermen of America

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 06:13:30 PM »

Kind of an odd picture. Batman looks like the Adam West version. As for yet another reboot, there's a rumor that the multiverse will once again shrink into a single earth. I hope that doesn't happen, but anything is possible at this point.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 06:58:57 PM »

That's Earth-1, perhaps?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 07:04:24 PM »

I don't see the point of establishing 52 earths then shrinking it down to one again, but this is DC so who knows?

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 07:43:16 PM »

This is causing reboot inflation. You should really only do this every twenty years or so.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 04:57:09 AM »

When is Archie going to have Crisis in Infinite Riverdales?
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 04:42:43 PM »

When is Archie going to have Crisis in Infinite Riverdales?

If they know what's good for them, never I'd hope! :-)

This month's Archie (either the main title or one of the digests) *is* having a sort of "Archie of Two Worlds" story though (the modern Arch meets his original 1940s version, in an anniversary story).

jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 04:58:49 PM »

Thanks Johnny Nevada !  I'll have to look for that.

I'd like to bring to mind three examples of where the action takes place in the "present", The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and the no longer running Dondi.

At some point, all of the above made specific reference as to what era it was set in, I recall that Homer (and Hank Hill) graduated High School approximately the same year I did, the mid seventies.  and Dondi was a five year old WW2 Italian orphan.

However, doing so fixes a specific age of the characters, and in a format where the characters don't physically age, this causes problems.

Dondi solved the problem by ceasing mention of his background, and I think  that The Simpsons and King of the Hill will probably do the same, just not reference it anymore.     
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L