superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:38:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Final Crisis".Another Reboot?  (Read 30099 times)
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 04:32:05 PM »

Maybe Rao will move this part of the thread...

I didn't read FBOFW for some years... so I wasn't aware Anthony was a jerk... looks like he grew up a bit.  I picked back up at the time Liz was working at the nursery and Anthony averted her rape...

Funny how these characters of paper and ink are "alive"
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 07:47:43 AM »

Many fans hate Anthony, apparently.

Johnston is basically retiring in order to travel and enjoy her millions/have a life after 30 years of sitting at a drafting table thinking up lame gags and drawing continuities.  The strip seems set to morph into a "greatest hits" with new sequences used to introduce "classic" sequences (ie, 2 characters will look thru a photo album and say, "Remember when you came out of the closet?" and then the syndicate will rerun that arc).

Maybe the creators of Final Crisis should do the same?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
EricInHouston
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 01:08:56 AM »

My personal theory regarding Final Crisis is that it will be the final gasp of "Clutter Earth".

As the Multiverse stands now, certain heroes are on different Earths. For example, the Marvel Family is on Earth 5, the JSA is on Earth 2, etc.

Ok, granted there are probably 40 different Supermen (or more) in this Multiverse, but do we really need two Marvel Families and Two JSA'a? I think when the smoke clears, Clutter Earth will be gone. Earth 1 will be the home of the Justice League, Earth 2 of the JSA, etc.
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 07:46:46 AM »

My personal theory regarding Final Crisis is that it will be the final gasp of "Clutter Earth".

As the Multiverse stands now, certain heroes are on different Earths. For example, the Marvel Family is on Earth 5, the JSA is on Earth 2, etc.

Ok, granted there are probably 40 different Supermen (or more) in this Multiverse, but do we really need two Marvel Families and Two JSA'a? I think when the smoke clears, Clutter Earth will be gone. Earth 1 will be the home of the Justice League, Earth 2 of the JSA, etc.

I've been thinking along the same lines... I think it's time to kill off the Unified Earth JSA completely (well, the members that have been around since WWII era)... hopefully the Earth 2 JSA will have a nebulous date in the past when they started (30 years ago)... the Earth-5 Marvels could start now and scrap all previous continuity for new DC Earth... start fresh (meaning don't try to tie in all previous continuity as if it all happened on this Earth)
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 04:31:57 PM »

Many fans hate Anthony, apparently.

Johnston is basically retiring in order to travel and enjoy her millions/have a life after 30 years of sitting at a drafting table thinking up lame gags and drawing continuities.  The strip seems set to morph into a "greatest hits" with new sequences used to introduce "classic" sequences (ie, 2 characters will look thru a photo album and say, "Remember when you came out of the closet?" and then the syndicate will rerun that arc).

Found this: http://www.fborfw.com/news/002642.php
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 06:33:26 PM »

I don't have the power to split this thread.

Maybe Rao does?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2007, 12:15:18 AM »

I wonder what Earth For Better or For Worse takes place on?  Talk about convoluted continuity and 30 years of backstory!  I would love a team-up between Ace the Bathound and Farley...

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2007, 01:50:48 AM »

I just find it difficult to believe that DC is going to alter the history of their "main" earth yet again.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L