superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOSH Season 2 details and image. Expect a more classic Superman and his...  (Read 13028 times)
thomas
Superman's Pal

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 08:41:10 PM »

I'll give it a shot, but I have to say this Superman, TO THE EXTREME! approach just looks ridiculous in a not-fun kinda way.

My blog. Now featuring thoughts from Leinil Yu, Scott McCloud, Kurt Busiek, Brad Walker, and Evan Dorkin. Seriously!
Man they are slummin' it.
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 02:06:23 AM »

Yeah, I really liked the spirit of this year's episodes, not much of a fan of making it more adult and bringing in a 41st century Kon-El type.

Ditto... and what's wrong with clone-Superman's face in that shot? He looks like Mick Jaggar mixed with the cyborg Superman and that 90's Superman mullet-hairdo, for some reason...

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 02:23:51 PM »

yecch, I'm out.

Super-Clone is bad enough, but all the characters seem redesigned to be uglier.  And wait a minute, just to the left there...Shaggy, is that you?

The image shows one of the two Superman characters for the second season. This Superman is from the 41st Century and is a clone bred for fighting moreso than heroism.

41st Century?  Sounds more like Superman of the 1990s.

This looks like a job for...
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 01:15:40 AM »

I'll still watch it as the show will include both the classic Superman and the clone. And given the track record of DC's animated properties, they will handle the Galactus ripoff better than what was done in the comics as they did with Doomsday. However, I would have liked them to introduce classic Legion villians like Modru and the Time Trapper instead of going with Imperiex.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 12:48:53 PM »

It seems like they took style tips from the most recent Fantastic Four animated series.  Ugh.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L