superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:55:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOSH Season 2 details and image. Expect a more classic Superman and his...  (Read 12813 times)
BMK!
Superman Family

« on: July 22, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »

...futuristic clone, bred for battle.

From this week's TV Guide:
****Superman is all grown up when the energetic cartoon returns this fall. "This is more of a classic Superman," says producer James Tucker. "He's not going to be the scrwany kid from the first season." He'll once again be called to the future by the Legion, a youthful band of 31st-century crimefighters. But he's not the only Man of Tomorrow: A Superman clone from even further in the future recruits the Legion to help battle Imperiex, described by Tucker as a "techno barbarian," in the 41st-century. The clone of steel was raised in a test tube and bred to fight--but not much else. "Through the course of the season, the Legion is going to teach him how to be a true hero," Tucker says. "The comic-book purists are probably going to balk at first, but I think we've done a really good job of ombining some aspects of DC Comics characters they know into this character." --Rich Sands****

From Comics Continuum:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0707/21/legion.htm

****Kids' WB! has provided The Continuum with a first look at a promtional image for the second season of Legion of Super Heroes.

The image shows one of the two Superman characters for the second season. This Superman is from the 41st Century and is a clone bred for fighting moreso than heroism.

Look for an interesting dynamic between the new Superman and Brainiac-5.

Yuri Lowenthal, who voiced Superman last season, is returning to voice both versions of Superman for Season 2. Keri Wahlgren, who provided the voices of Saturn Girl and Triplicate Girl, told The Continuum she is also returning.

The image also shows a first look at Chameleon Boy and new designs for characters.

"I love the new look," Andy Milder, who provides the voice of Lightning Lad, told The Continuum. "This whole new season has a really cool feel. Itıs even better than last year."

Fans will get their first look at the second season of Legion this Friday at Comic-Con International in San Diego.

Panelists include cast members Lowenthal, Phil Morris and Alex Polinsky, producer James Tucker, director Brandon Vietti and story editor/writer Michael Jelenic. Some footage from Season 2 will be shown. ****

-BMK!-
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 11:58:04 AM »

Superman looks too much like the comic book Timber Wolf for comfort.
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 01:06:41 PM »

They're probably afraid they'll get sued over "Young Superman" and are going with grown up Superman.

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 03:05:46 PM »

I've never seen this cartoon and don't really like this particular style, but I actually like the idea of a Superman clone in the LOSH, though it says something about the zeitgeist that he was "bred to fight, but not much else".

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 04:10:35 PM »

I'm not sure how this will go over, I'm thinking it will end in a major fight between the two supermen. I'm not a big fan of this LOSH show, mostly because I don't like what they've done to brainy  is he a cyborg? and andriod with emotions? or what?

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 04:38:52 PM »

Hurray! One less show for me to watch!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 04:49:32 PM »

Yeah, I really liked the spirit of this year's episodes, not much of a fan of making it more adult and bringing in a 41st century Kon-El type.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 06:25:06 PM »

Count me out sadly.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L