superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:09:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I would watch this Smallville episode...  (Read 8169 times)
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« on: July 24, 2007, 07:18:53 AM »

I clean offices for a living, so I have lots of thinking time... tonight I was thinking of a cool Smallville cross-over idea... not that it would happen outside of my head...

The episode opens with a blue and red streak plummeting through the sky and hitting the Earth outside of Smallville.  Clark spots it and races to the crater.  He leaps to the bottom and sees a fifty-something Superman (played by Gerard Christopher).

Superman realizes he is on a parallel Earth (this could be the Earth-One Supes who's prime was the mid-70's into early-'80's).  While trying to figure how to get back to his universe, a crisis arises and the two Kal-Els need to team up.

I know this is a lot like the Superboy story back up where Superboy met Kal-L as a teen.  It also takes some other elements from now classic stories and at the same time acknowledges the Smallville Clark is in an alternate reality and will never don the Super-Suit and become Superman.

Oh well... my imagination is working overtime, I guess
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:20:48 PM »

I don't think they would do that simply because I think they would want Clark to decide to become Superman on his own. If another Superman from another universe shows up out of the blue (or black depending on the time of day) then it could be seen as cheapening his decision to become a hero on a regular basis.

I have a Superboy story from the early eighties where Superboy goes into the earth 2 universe and trains a young Kal-L in the use of his powers. While this looks cool to the Superboy audience, it hurts the credibility of the earth 2 Superman in a way because it makes it look like it wasn't really his decision to become his worlds premier hero.      
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 01:23:15 AM »

Yeah, I know it'll never happen... but one can dwell...
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 03:03:50 AM »

I have a Superboy story from the early eighties where Superboy goes into the earth 2 universe and trains a young Kal-L in the use of his powers. While this looks cool to the Superboy audience, it hurts the credibility of the earth 2 Superman in a way because it makes it look like it wasn't really his decision to become his worlds premier hero.      

There are a lot of Superboy stories from the 70s and 80s that just buried any respect I had for how the character was handled, sadly, because I really loved 1950s Superboy in particular.
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 07:48:37 AM »

Davidelliot, your idea of a meeting between two television Superboys reminded me of my own proposed Elseworld pairing of Hollywood Supermen.  It might make a nice comic book tribute, but arranging all the permissions for celebrity images would be prohibitive.

http://superman.nu/smf/index.php?topic=1432.msg10133#msg10133

DTO
Composite Superman
Supermen of America

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 01:53:43 AM »

Since Tom Welling is apparently averse to putting on the super-suit. the only way we'll see it on Smallville is if another actor is wearing it. I like the idea of an alternate universe or future Superman appearing, but neither seems likely.
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 07:42:17 AM »

I actually don't think Welling would even look good in the Super-Suit... I can't imagine him in it!
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 02:00:19 AM »

I actually don't think Welling would even look good in the Super-Suit... I can't imagine him in it!

Maybe this can help your immagination...

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L