superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aliens vs People  (Read 9417 times)
DrJohnnyDiablo
Supermen of America

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 02:14:47 AM »

"I guess I just disagree with a lot fiddling with things like categories on already existing entries - except of course for grammar, spelling, and citation accuracy. Often times, when tens and tens of entries are changed in minutia in one marathon session, its impossible to even find any new entries on the "Recent Changes" section."

I understand and respect your frustration. I think the site needs new entries, too, and I have added a couple in the last few days just as you have. It just seems to me that I should make the most of my editing time. You obviously disagree with some of my edits. I will take your feedback into account, but I don't want to feel unwelcome on the site.

Back to the humanoid aliens, my chief concern is how to deal with Clark Kent, Linda  Lee Danvers and the like. People, Aliens, both? Undecided

--DrJohnnyDiablo

« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 03:10:17 AM by Super Monkey » Logged

"New master didn't realize it am crime against Bizarro code to make anything perfect on Bizarro World! He is in trouble if his robots change shape of this planet into globe!"-Bizarro-Krypto(March, 1962)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 02:23:11 AM »

Ah, don't worry about it. I try to find typos and grammar errors myself, they need to be corrected. I certainly give you credit for correcting a LOT of that. There really are only 2 or 3 of us adding much to Supermanica, and I know that I took a few months off myself a while ago.

I really wish there was more added by the Council of Wisdom and that there were more threads here at STTA. Supermanica IS winding its way through the web as a respected authority on the comics.

Actually, I have no idea about whether the entries in question are aliens or people.  I would be consistent and say aliens because it simply isn't specified in most comics and the characters that assume Kryptonians are humans don't know where they come from. It seems to me that Night Girl is no more human than Brainiac, despite the fact that Brainiac is green.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 03:01:01 AM by MatterEaterLad » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L