superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:46:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All-Star wins "Best Continuing Series" Eisner Award  (Read 15860 times)
NotSuper
Action Ace

« on: July 30, 2007, 10:26:08 PM »

Check it out here.

If you're keeping track of things, that makes two Eisner awards the series has won, the other being "Best New Series" in 2006. Congrats to Morrison and Quitely.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 04:35:56 AM »

That was a no-brainer. Smiley

KONGratulations.
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 03:51:22 AM »

2 eisners
and
most popular superman comic

what else does DC need to know to get Morrison on mainstream comic and that people want the return of SA/BA superman??

heck they let an artist rewrite all of superman's history becuase his fantastic four was pretty good.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 01:37:31 PM »

Wow, Best New Series in 2006, Best Continuing Series in 2007.  All for a book that's on, what, issue 7 now?

Maybe by the time we hit issue 12 they'll have racked up awards for 2008, 2009 and 2010.

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 06:28:19 PM »

that's the plan  Wink

Clearly it's not Grant's fault, since he is a writing machine.

The the art delays.

Great art takes time.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 02:01:32 PM »

Didn't stop Curt Swan from cranking out great art month after month.  How'd you like to draw all the Legion of Super-Heroes month after month?

Quitely just works out a much slower personal rate evidently.  Or he's spebnding too mucvh time researching his Lois model.  Wink
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 02:42:18 PM »

Curt Swan did take a lot of short cuts. Notice how so many of his faces look the same, I started  to notice that the same faces kept showing up in character after character while looking at my showcase books.

Just think of what Curt Swan could have done if he was given the amount of time that today's artist are afforded?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »

Curt Swan did take a lot of short cuts. Notice how so many of his faces look the same, I started  to notice that the same faces kept showing up in character after character while looking at my showcase books.

Take a look at the Legionnaires Mission Monitor Board -- I assume they are all by Swan:

http://members.shaw.ca/legion_roll_call/legionnaires/

Except for the hair styles and some subtle variation at the jawlines, most of the male Legionnaires have similar facial features. 

DTO
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L