superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe Krypton ChroniclesHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your favorite screen Batman?  (Read 28815 times)
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« on: August 03, 2007, 07:49:59 AM »

You know, for me Adam West and Burt Ward will always be IT as Batman and Robin... all others before and after have paled (although the Filmation and Dini cartoons come close)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 11:49:30 AM »

These guys:

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 01:40:36 PM »

Groovy!  I saw the subject line and figured I had a fight ahead of me, but we're all on the same page.  Adam West rules!

This looks like a job for...
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 04:36:05 PM »

I meant the Timm cartoons....

Anyway, after school was slated for Lost In Space and Batman... the kid around the corner and I would watch Batman, then don our capes.. there was a wooded lot between our house (you would step down into it from his driveway) and his mom got on us for sliding down this skinny tree (the Batpole) since we were killing it... but it was great... our own Batcave
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »

With real bats?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 12:24:17 AM »

My faves:

1. Adam West, et al
2. Filmation's Batman
3. my fantasy of how cool the first Batman movie would be before I saw it
4. that's it

My favourite part of the last film franchise (Burton's) was the long introduction of  the 2nd (?) movie with the origin of the Penguin, starring Pee Wee as Penguin's father.  I think that was a brilliant sequence and liked some of the other villains/set-pieces in that movie.  Never cared for either the costumes or the actors chosen for Batman.  The costumes mostly.  Batman is just so goofy looking in those movies.

If I was younger I would have liked the Timm cartoons more.  As it is, the ones I saw where still very enjoyable with lots of tidbits for older fans and a great look.  New innovations like Batman 2099 or whatever it was were a nice touch.  But, as I recall, fans of the JLU always made fun of how many Batplanes were crashed in that series. 

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 03:03:32 AM »

Batman Begins- Christian Bale
Timm/Dini Batman

As much as I can laugh at the old Adam West series (I mean, who doesn't like the Shark Repellent Bat Spray), I do prefer a more serious take on the character and the above have the feeling of the O'Neal/Adams Batman to me.
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 01:21:42 PM »

I used to love the Adam West / Burt Ward reruns as a kid.  I watch them now and they make me cringe a little.  I do appreciate the campy appeal though. 

I was fourteen when Tim Burton's original Batman came out and I loved it then.  Now I enjoy it more for the nostalgia. 

My new favorite as an adult is Chistian Bale.  I also like Bruce Timm's animated Batman.

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L