superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:56:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your favorite screen Batman?  (Read 29088 times)
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 04:16:50 AM »

Don't worry... I think DC Comics is still trying to figure out who Batman is, too...
jayce77
Superman's Pal

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 05:03:22 PM »

TELLE writes:
They *did* replace Lazenby with an American: John Gavin (best known for Julius Ceasar and Psycho and, during the Reagan administration, the US Ambassador to Mexico).  Gavin was signed to play Bond in "Diamonds Are Forever" but when Connery agreed to return he stepped aside.

They also heavily considered Charles Brolin for the part before Connery officially agreed to come back.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 02:28:54 AM »

I'm not sure who Charles Brolin is, but they did have James Brolin ready to go for "Octopussy" in '83 until Roger Moore re-upped.

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 02:40:47 PM »

This is news to me and I think that in the Bond screen tests, he comes across as an interesting hybrid between Roger Moore and Sean Connery.  I like Roger Moore, but it would have been great to have seen a younger Bond in that film.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksjXilVYIxw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksjXilVYIxw</a>

and another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhkUWMJoccQ

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 04:33:20 PM »

I've read that Cubby Broccoli actually set up Brolin with housing in England so he'd be ready to work.  Whether he was serious about going with the guy or it was just a ploy in the ongoing contract negotiations with Moore, I couldn't say.

I will say that without the competition that year from Sean Connery's "Never Say Never Again," it's entirely possible Moore would have been replaced in '83, whether by Brolin or someone else.  I think Broccoli realized that if they were going to beat out Connery, they needed the only actor who even came close to his popularity in the role, and not a total newbie.  And so they sweetened the pot enough to lure Roger back.

Turned out to be the right move in the end, as Octopussy did end up winning "The Battle of the Bonds."

This looks like a job for...
BBally81
Supermen of America

Superfan For All Seasons

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 10:13:51 PM »

Movie Batman: I give it to Michael Keaton by a nose against Bale because of Bale's Batman voice  Undecided

TV: Kevin Conroy

Animated: Kevin Conroy

Overall: Kevin Conroy.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN
jayce77
Superman's Pal

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »

This is news to me and I think that in the Bond screen tests, he comes across as an interesting hybrid between Roger Moore and Sean Connery.  I like Roger Moore, but it would have been great to have seen a younger Bond in that film.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksjXilVYIxw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksjXilVYIxw</a>

and another one:

Yeah, Moore was getting pretty long in the tooth by '83' to be Bond. And big thanks for the video. I did'nt think about that one. Brolin really did have a charm and charisma, thats for sure. He was actually a name that was thrown around when Connery left in '71' and the were considering an American for the part. Along with Burt Reynolds and some others, but he was a little too young then besides the fact that they decided Bond had too be British.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 06:16:29 PM by jayce77 » Logged
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 03:58:38 AM »

Your favorite screen Batman?

Michael Keaton, easily.

I am in a rush but just let me say quickly that Keaton brought Batman's history to the role. We didn't need an hour long origin story. I knew all I needed to know about Bruce Wayne from watching a good actor. In other words, shut up about your problems and past and just let me watch you. I'll get a pretty good idea of what I need to know.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L