superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonTomorrow's Lesson!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lois Lane in Boxing Gloves?  (Read 8931 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« on: August 10, 2007, 04:14:49 AM »

Folks, I'm desperately searching for an image of Lois Lane in boxing gloves.  Any other vintage comic book panel or cover (or even photo) will do in a pinch.  Does anyone know of any such images? 

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 06:19:18 AM »

What did Homer Simpson say?

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us anything else - and it hasn't - it is that women should stick to ladies sports, like mud-wrestling and foxy boxing."

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 07:40:48 AM »

Exactly, and you'd think Lois would be a devoted disciple of the sweet science, considering her skills with Kryptonian kung-fu!

Supermanica
(temporarily offline)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 08:51:33 AM »

Do you actually know there is such an image, or are you just hoping? I would have thought Lois is more of a gloves-are-off type of person.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 05:19:24 PM »

I'll check my LL annuals.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 08:10:12 AM »

Do you actually know there is such an image, or are you just hoping? I would have thought Lois is more of a gloves-are-off type of person.

Just hoping.  I will settle for her knocking someone out, in a classic superhero way.  I'm also interested in general in any iconic "knockout" poses from classic or little-known superhero/adventure comics featuring females.

It's funny, for all the talk of how comics are violent and superheroes are always solving problems with their fists, incidents of artists choosing to draw (or writers choosing to write) scenes of a hero punching out a villain have grown fairly rare.  Sure the classic Batman (and similar heroes') stories show him knocking out crooks left and right, but latter day heroes have a wider arsenal at their disposal and the super-girls have never been that inclined to fisticuffs. 

Last night I flipped through a fairly diverse pile of 30 or so older superhero comics (1950s-80s) I had lying on a table in my office and found precious few images.  Ms Marvel punching the Absorbing Man in a 70s Avengers (Byrne, I think) came closest.  A couple of 70s JLA and Wonder Woman comics yielded lots of kicking, jumping, and use of magic lassos.  The pile had a 70s Fantastic Four starring Medusa and Thundra (my fave 70s superheroine) and neither of them threw a punch or really even got mad in the whole issue.  Supergirl is a hopeless case --lots of kicking, flying, super-breath, and supervision.  Very little punching or even karate chopping.  I did find a great image of Wonder Woman knocking out Ares by HG Peter in the Daniels WW book lying on my desk here.

This is just me really being lazy and not wanting to go into my hot comic book storage cave during these humid summer days, but I thought the interweb would help me turn up something....

Supermanica
(temporarily offline)
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 01:39:38 AM »

I'm certain there are some in Superdickery.com

probably better than this one:  http://www.superdickery.com/other/56.html

this one might be better: http://www.superdickery.com/other/48.html

heres the index: http://www.superdickery.com/siteindex.html
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 06:56:01 AM »

That Lois vs Catwoman is awesome!  Thanks, JP!

Supermanica
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L