superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:51:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The saddest things about Supergirl  (Read 28424 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 05:17:06 AM »

AND he' occassionally sells on e-Bay and does commissions! He's got a Spidey up now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDERMAN-JIM-MOONEY-ORIGINAL-ART_W0QQitemZ200149058138QQihZ010QQcategoryZ972QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

JM's contact info is there for comissions.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:21:37 AM by Klar Ken T5477 » Logged
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 05:23:07 AM »

It would be kind of neat to get a Supergirl robot in the tree.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 05:43:44 AM »

Its also quite a reare event when Klar falls in love with a 1960s comic book super heroine...  Grin
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2007, 09:31:04 AM »

Quote from: SuperMonkey
"Physically, she's the mightiest female of all time!  But at heart, she's as gentle and sweet and is as quick to tears as any ordinary girl!  I guess that's why everyone who meets her loves her!"
 - Action Comics No. 285, February 1962

Is this website suddenly called "Superman Through One Age?"

That trait evaporated so early on, it's like claiming the Fantastic Four are from Midway City (they were in good old NYC by issue 2). It's worth noting that SuperBOY passed the Super-Teacher's tests, but that robot, in his return appearance, was quite able to convince SuperGIRL to kill.

That's what I always liked about Supergirl in the SUPERMAN FAMILY: she was a very proud, emotional, volatile person. Superboy/man had absolute iron control over himself, but under the right set of circumstances...if you tick off Supergirl or threaten someone she loves...she will rip arms off. The Loeb characterization is nothing new.

There are many occasions where Supergirl cried: that Cary Bates story where the Parasite stole the Galactic Golem's powers and she believed Superman died. In the Jim Shooter story where she was forced to leave the 30th Century forever by a cloud of Kryptonite. But all that is big, understandable stuff, and underneath it all, Supergirl is a girl.

But flowers from a boy? Nah.

Quote from:
I would have also have liked to have seen that teeny little girl put Mongul in a hammerlock and make him cry....

Heh heh heh! Nice!

Quote from: Gangbuster
The other sad, tragic thing about Supergirl is that we've never seen her grow up.

I think one of the absolute best things about Supergirl is that we DID get to see her grow up and become independent.

Did you read the stories where she became a soap opera actress, a model, a social worker, and a congresswoman? Or the Paul Kupperberg stuff where she fought white supremacists?

Quote from: TELLE
You're right, even though she was not an adult like Lois or Lana, her heart was always in the right place and she was often emotionally disturbed by aspects of her adventures. 

Hmmm, now that you say it, this is true: she had a lot of emotional range, and was pretty competent. She never tried to trick anybody.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2007, 03:33:44 PM »

Its also quite a reare event when Klar falls in love with a 1960s comic book super heroine...  Grin

Shhh...don't tell Saturn Girl.  Better yet -- don't even THINK it! Shocked
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 12:01:58 AM »

Quote from: Gangbuster
The other sad, tragic thing about Supergirl is that we've never seen her grow up.

I think one of the absolute best things about Supergirl is that we DID get to see her grow up and become independent.

Did you read the stories where she became a soap opera actress, a model, a social worker, and a congresswoman? Or the Paul Kupperberg stuff where she fought white supremacists?

No, but I did see her independently get whacked in the head by some kind of pillar in Crisis. It was kind of traumatizing.

We've seen her grow up enough to wear that crazy headband and become boring before, but what I meant was that we've never seen her grow old]/i]. We've seen what Superman is like when he's older, because we've had Kal-L, the Kingdom Come Superman, and tons of future stories. We've never had this with Supergirl, and I think it would be interesting to see a story about her when she's say, 60.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 09:14:30 AM »

I wonder, if she moved to the Legion's future where it seems almost everyone has superpowers, would she return to her role of guidance counsellor, politician, or actress?   Or would she be venerated as a legend?

A modern team-up I'd like to see: Superwoman and an older Supergirl.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 05:17:56 PM »

been looking at this thread and i found this to be interesting

I wonder, if she moved to the Legion's future where it seems almost everyone has superpowers, would she return to her role of guidance counsellor, politician, or actress?   Or would she be venerated as a legend?

A modern team-up I'd like to see: Superwoman and an older Supergirl.

Hey, Telle..if i made a fanfic of a Superwoman/Supergirl team up..would you read it?...plus which Superwoman are you talking about..the 60's version,80's version..or the Peter David version that was recently cancelled?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L