superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:27:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Billy Batson & the Magic of Shazam  (Read 14351 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 01:25:10 PM »

It wouldn't have been my 1st choice, yet he does have skills and a bit of a following. It doesn't really excite me, but he seems to know what he is doing and I am more than willing to give him a shot.

Trials of Shazam has to be the worst revamp ever, it has to be up there with Man of Steel. It's just beyond brutal and unreadable. Please do not support that garbage.

Unlike Man of Steel however, DC Comics is also giving us other far greater revamps to enjoy like Jeff Smith's amazing mini Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil , which will be collected in a Hardcover trade next month.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 03:27:01 AM »

The art looks a bit weird (Mary Marvel's apparently much younger than Billy in this series, and they all look so, well, "contemporary"), but the comic otherwise sounds OK...

Dr. Sivana in this series looks like the Evil Scientist from the Looney Tunes cartoons (as seen in the Bugs Bunny short "Water Water Every Hare")...

jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 03:47:41 AM »

Yeah, Monster Society was really well done.....wasn't thrilled that they were little kids, but that's my only complaint.

and yes, I know, anyone trying to read Trials of Shazam are suffering more than Cap Jr is going through the trials

but I've come this far.....
Shazam!
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 12:56:27 AM »

I'm not getting my hopes up... if THIS is what it's going to look like, courtesy of the Marvel Family Web http://www.marvelfamily.com/

Here Kunkel says he's a big fan of Cap... so why not DRAW Cap, rather than a Ren and Stimpy version: http://www.kunkelshazam.blogspot.com/

Yeah! What you said! To draw me like that IS NOT Happy, Happy Joy, Joy! That even makes me, the Big Red Cheese look cheesier than Chester Cheeto!  What happened to good old fashioned dignity?

The Real Captain Marvel!
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 04:58:10 PM »

The more I think about it, this will be in continuity as much as Super Friends and Spidey Super Stories... I'm not sweating the continuity aspect, I would just enjoy reading a new and more classic Marvel Family title..
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 05:25:22 PM »

Exactly why are DC putting so many Shazam titles out there, some with seemingly conflicting continuity? First Thunder, then Monster Society of Evil, now this, not to mention the fact that the Marvel Family was so prominent in 52 and Countdown and all that; is there some sort of epidemic of Shazambago going around?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 11:21:45 PM »

Must be some sort of attempt at licensing.  Like a movie.  Or maybe their contract expires of they don't promote.
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 02:23:33 PM »

Probably with the Shazam movie in the works, they're trying to get as much exposure as possible for the Big Red Cheese.

I hear The Rock is rumored to possibly play the good Captain, too...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L