superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:21:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "SAGA of the SUPER-SONS!"  (Read 9373 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: July 21, 2003, 06:24:23 PM »

Here it is:

"SAGA of the SUPER-SONS!"

If it turns out that people actually like this sort of thing and want to see more of it, please speak up.  I've got a couple additional "Super-Sons" stories that I could put online if we get enough requests.

Otherwise I might just work on something else ;-)

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 08:54:06 PM »

I'd forgotten some of the weird stuff in this one, and I just read it a couple months ago!

Consider:

Page 7: Bruce Jr. says: "I'm waiting for someone...someone I need like BAD!" Clark Jr. says: "I guess we both had the same need!"  This kind of dialog recurs in later installments and gives a really creepy subtext to the series.  Was this the original Ambiguously Gay duo?

Page 8: Superman (Sr) doesn't "like using a whole city as a test-tube..." but he has no problem creating a second city, also full of living souls, to conduct that same crazy experiment.  The difference?  Apparently he can somehow make this version "go away" when the test is over.  Better hope you don't live in that reality, or your life span is only a few days long! Talk about god-like power!

Page 9: The way to make that second city? Rip up the San Andreas fault and give it a good shake!  There goes that famous concern for human life again!

Page 11: the highway snaps like a locker room towel under Bruce's bike.  No matter...it "must have been one of those tremors they have out here."  So much for the next generation of "world's greatest detectives."  Bruce Jr wouldn't know a good mystery when it snaps him on the butt like a concrete whip!

Page 12: Bruce Jr. tells Clark Jr to hurry up and change into fighting togs like he's already done...faster than a man of steel and in the space of one panel while operating a motorcycle!

Page 21: Batman mourns for his son..."buried here in this duplicate death trap."  And yet Superman said earlier that this version of the city would disappear eventually.  Wouldn't it have been better to bury the kids in the "real" world?  Or better yet in their own home towns?  As it is, they run the risk of losing even a grave to visit!

I need an aspirin...

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 09:23:16 PM »

This is so cool! I mean it's so over the top in it's insanity that you can't help just love it!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 06:16:19 PM »

Alright, I've added two more Super-Sons stories:

"The Angel with a DIRTY NAME!"

and Haney's latest:

"Superman Jr. is NO MORE!"

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 05:11:19 AM »

Please no more-- those super saps are sucking up bandwidth that could be better served for some silver age go-go checkered sagas!
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 04:03:36 PM »

Maybe, but I'm glad that I finally got a chance to read "Superman Jr is no more".  There are only 1500 copies of that comic book in the world, and I sure won't be able to get a copy of my own any time soon.  :?

Thank you, oh great Rao!  Cheesy

"Peace and brotherhood be with you!"

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 08:18:57 PM »

I can't believe this bloke is STILL whining after thirty years!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2003, 09:40:25 PM »

I can't believe this bloke is STILL whining after thirty years!

Yeah, who does he think he is, the post-crisis Superman?

Just kidding, Superman Jr. isn't that bad Wink

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L