superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:39:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The irony of "Superboy"  (Read 10822 times)
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 07:15:29 PM »

I recall taping an episode of The Flash on the VCR without being sure if there was enough room left on the tape (there wasn't), and my wife asked me snidely if I thought it would be okay since it's The Flash and it would tape faster
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 10:07:57 PM »

One thing I really wish the Flash TV show had done, was an effect that was often used in the Silver Age: show the Flash moving normally, but have the entire rest of the world "frozen." This is not a very exciting effect in comics, where everything is always frozen.

And that creepy season finale cliffhanger with old school great Gorilla Grodd? Trés Magnifique!

That effect would have been hard to do in 1990. As of the 2000s, that effect was used twice in the early episodes of Smallville. It was awesome. Unfortunately, it was apparently crazy expensive to do, so they did it only once during the first and once during the second seasons of the show. Shortly thereafter, I stopped watching it anyway.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 03:57:20 AM »

I actually never watched the Flash TV show when it was on the air. My family were big Cosby watchers instead. One of the reasons I heard it was cancelled though was the fact that it seemed to rely too much on the comics and most people aren't all that familiar with the Flash's rogues gallery. I don't know if it would have been fair to ask the producers to pull back some of the comic book stuff, but it might have saved the show if they had.
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 04:05:29 AM »

I remember watching it once or twice. Now having seen the DVDs, there were really only one or two comic book villains in it. I have heard that it was preempted a lot by Gulf War coverage and then never renewed for another season, but I dont remember anything about that at the time.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L