superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe ADVENTURES of SUPERBOY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:58:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Third Kryptonian *speculation including new solicit info*  (Read 15862 times)
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 06:02:18 AM »

Which one is Lois? And which one is Ma Kent?

Here's my reading of it, from left to right:

Pa Kent (Looks like the Pa Kent from Birthright, but I could be wrong.)

Ma Kent (Extrapolating from the above being Pa, I figured this was Ma.  But on 2nd inspection, she looks too young and her hair too long.  Plus she's got the 'S'.  Now I'm thinking she's a previously unknown Kryptonian.)

Supergirl (99.9 % certain about this one.)

Superman

Maggie Sawyer (Still looks to me like an Earthwoman.  I'm guessing that Kryptonians don't smoke.  I seem to recall that Maggie does, but I'm not sure.)

Lois Lane (The only brunette in the bunch.  I'll go with 90% certainty here)

Upon further inspection, it seems that the two standing next to Supergirl are her parents, as they match the couple shown on the page previous to the one we're discussing (in Action Comics #850), where Supergirl exclaims, "Dad! Mom! You're alive!". I agree with you that the other women looks like Lois and, as you said, possibly Maggie Sawyer.
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 10:09:11 PM »

What grabbed my attention immediately about the solicits is they mention "Krypton's enemies." Hmmm...?

It it possible Subjekt 17 ties into all this somehow, and possibly is the one hunting the Kryptonians? In one issue, we see Subjekt-17 survived their inconclusive battle and was hiding out in Tibet.

It may be that Subjekt-17, who is from a Krypton-type planet, may have some sort of connection to Krypton we don't know about.

Or, since the Auctioneer is involved, one might make the guess that Amalak will be along for the ride. After all, he was seen muttering something about Kryptonians in the Back to Action arc by Kurt and Fabian.
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 11:23:54 PM »

Ya didn't Kurt say he was going to bring back Amalak???

If the 3rd kryptonian story is just about a 3rd kryptonian that wouldnt be that interesting. Now if they bring back krypton. Thats something I'd run out to get.
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 06:10:54 AM »

Ya didn't Kurt say he was going to bring back Amalak???

If the 3rd kryptonian story is just about a 3rd kryptonian that wouldnt be that interesting. Now if they bring back krypton. Thats something I'd run out to get.

I believe so, it's somewhere in that 100+ page "Question for Kurt" thread on Comicbloc.
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 11:00:28 PM »

i'm reall guessing on this by the way DC is bringing back the "Supergirl from Krypton" thing....
what ever version it is,  based on the info from the cover so far.

it COULD be a new version of the Kristin Wells/Superwoman

(they already had three, see the link below)

http://superman.nu/a/encyc/sw.php

or it could be a new version of Linda Danvers ....(then again, looking at the silhouette, she doesn't have spiky hair and a cut-off jacket)  I remember, a while back, Dan Didio said that she wasn't retconned out....
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:07:11 PM by Supergrl5013 » Logged

DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 12:47:45 AM »

A bit of speculation on my part.

The Third Kryptonian is from one of the 52 Earths, and is a female version of Superman.

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 12:53:27 AM »

Perhaps this will help shed some light:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=130806

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 03:56:46 AM »

A bit of speculation on my part.

The Third Kryptonian is from one of the 52 Earths, and is a female version of Superman.

I thought the same thing but Power Girl is not one of the Kryptonians. As mentioned above, she's probably just an update on Superwoman.... I was really hoping for Beppo... Maybe, he'll show up on New Earth-1.

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L