superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSuperman Through the Ages!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:15:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Third Kryptonian *speculation including new solicit info*  (Read 16291 times)
BMK!
Superman Family

« on: August 24, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »

It seems to me that based upon the silhouette of the "Third Kryptonian" on the cover of the upcoming Superman #670, it looks like a certain female that was shown in Action Comics #850...when Brianiac 5's chronexus ruptures, showing glimpses of what may be future events. The page I'm referring to shows what seems to be a Kryptonian city, with a volcano in the background. There are, what appears to be, Kryptonians on the ground and in the sky. Supergirl is standing amongst the Kryptonians, while Superman hovers, uttering, "It's...It's beautiful...I can barely believe it..."
One of the women (with a face looking similar to a young Dr. McCoy from Star Trek), with short hair (and holding a stogie?) is wearing the same type of vest jacket as suggested by the silhouette drawing on the cover of Superman #670.

What's also interesting can be found in the solicits and images themselves...

SUPERMAN #670
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art by Rick Leonardi & Dan Green
Cover by Jesus Merino
Superman comes face to face with the mysterious third Kryptonian living on Earth in “The Third Kryptonian," Part 2 of 3! Revelations about Krypton's past, its survivors and its enemies come fast and furious in a centuries-spanning story of interstellar adventure and survival. But someone's stalking the third Kryptonian…and now he's after Superman, too! This issue has all the answers — and leads directly into SUPERMAN ANNUAL #13, on sale three weeks later!
On sale November 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

http://www.newsarama.com/imagepop.html?imageURL=http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Nov07/c/SUP670_Solicit.jpg

Superman #670 talks about "Revelations about Krypton's past, it's survivors..."? "...a centuries-spanning story of interstellar adventure and survival"? On the cover, we see multiple ships fleeing Krypton.

SUPERMAN ANNUAL #13
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art by Rick Leonardi & Dan Green
Cover by Jesus Merino
It's the slam-bang, no-holds barred conclusion of "The Third Kryptonian," as the entire Superman family — Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl, Krypto, Chris Kent and even Batman — makes a desperate last stand against a deadly threat to every Kryptonian in the universe!
Get ready for a new enemy and a shattering turning point for a key concept in the Superman mythos! It's can't-miss blockbuster action!
On sale November 28 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US

http://www.newsarama.com/imagepop.html?imageURL=http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Nov07/c/SM_ANN_2007_CVR_SOLICIT.jpg

Meanwhile, Superman Annual talks about how Superman & Co. "...makes a desperate last stand against a deadly threat to every Kryptonian in the universe!" Every Kryptonian in the universe? Also, "...a shattering turning point for a key concept in the Superman mythos"?

Obviously, Superman is not alone since he has the likes of Supergirl, Chris Kent, Krypto, and alternate Kryptonian Power Girl...but are we now subject to witnessing the birth (or rebirth) of the New Krypton concept, where truly the Kryptonian race lives on? And, what would this mean for Superman?

-BMK!-

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 10:10:39 PM »

It seems to me that based upon the silhouette of the "Third Kryptonian" on the cover of the upcoming Superman #670, it looks like a certain female that was shown in Action Comics #850...when Brianiac 5's chronexus ruptures, showing glimpses of what may be future events. The page I'm referring to shows what seems to be a Kryptonian city, with a volcano in the background. There are, what appears to be, Kryptonians on the ground and in the sky. Supergirl is standing amongst the Kryptonians, while Superman hovers, uttering, "It's...It's beautiful...I can barely believe it..."
One of the women (with a face looking similar to a young Dr. McCoy from Star Trek), with short hair (and holding a stogie?) is wearing the same type of vest jacket as suggested by the silhouette drawing on the cover of Superman #670.

That's an intriguing possibility.  When I first saw the cigar-toting woman in question, I thought she was Maggie Sawyer.  Second from the right, between Superman and (presumably) Lois:

http://superman.nu/superman-comics/images/returntokrypton.jpg

That also looks like it could be Ma Kent next to Supergirl wearing the 'S'.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 10:12:21 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 10:19:10 PM »

New Earth Kristen Wells?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 12:08:02 AM »

Which one is Lois? And which one is Ma Kent? I can't tell who's who these days. If Superman wasn't wearing a super suit I couldn't tell him apart as well.

Also why does everyone keep drawing Superman as if he were Asian? 

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 01:37:11 AM »

Which one is Lois? And which one is Ma Kent?

Here's my reading of it, from left to right:

Pa Kent (Looks like the Pa Kent from Birthright, but I could be wrong.)

Ma Kent (Extrapolating from the above being Pa, I figured this was Ma.  But on 2nd inspection, she looks too young and her hair too long.  Plus she's got the 'S'.  Now I'm thinking she's a previously unknown Kryptonian.)

Supergirl (99.9 % certain about this one.)

Superman

Maggie Sawyer (Still looks to me like an Earthwoman.  I'm guessing that Kryptonians don't smoke.  I seem to recall that Maggie does, but I'm not sure.)

Lois Lane (The only brunette in the bunch.  I'll go with 90% certainty here)

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 02:23:55 AM »

Yeah, I noticed that Asian look in the generic Superman ad recently

What's with that indeed? 

JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 05:05:29 AM »

What grabbed my attention immediately about the solicits is they mention "Krypton's enemies." Hmmm...?

It it possible Subjekt 17 ties into all this somehow, and possibly is the one hunting the Kryptonians? In one issue, we see Subjekt-17 survived their inconclusive battle and was hiding out in Tibet.

It may be that Subjekt-17, who is from a Krypton-type planet, may have some sort of connection to Krypton we don't know about.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 05:20:28 AM »

Yeah, I noticed that Asian look in the generic Superman ad recently

What's with that indeed? 

it seems to be spreading, now the NORSE god Thor is now Asian as well:
http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/Simons/THOR05final.jpg
http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/SimonsSays.html

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L