superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe Krypton ChroniclesHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:03:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: searching for "lost decade" thread  (Read 13632 times)
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 02:25:20 AM »

Thanks for the assist. I have a lot of pages to scan in the next few days. The search continues...

India Ink
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 04:17:38 AM »

The link I give on that thread, just takes me to the same wrong address as the archive links Great Rao gives above--maybe I'm just not navigating through the storms of cyberjunk properly.  But here's that old link for the record...

http://superman.nu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2841#2841

... and a search for the above link at archive.org returns:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050320050425/http://superman.ws/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2841

That's only the first page of the four pages in the thread, though.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 04:49:27 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 04:48:12 PM »

Great Rao, You are a god! Thank you so much!

India Ink
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »

Now that I have some info to work with (and I probably have the original data on discs somewhere), I'm thinking about reposting this thread (as I briefly mentioned to Great Rao). It shouldn't be too hard to bring most of the info up to date for North American releases, since Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics has a pretty good listing of reprints for DC domestic releases. As a sweeping resource that's one of the best places to look--my reprint list is more focused on a specific period and specific character, but I've tried to find every comic around the world that might have reprinted these stories--in English anyway--and the old reprint list could not have been done without the assistance of Lee Semmens, Aldous, Osgood Peabody and others. So in the next few months (if I can squeeze it in with all the other projects I'm juggling right now), I'll try to do a revised reprint list and post it on the forum somewhere.

India Ink
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 07:07:11 PM »

I will be looking forward to that Smiley

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 09:12:17 PM »

I'm getting close to finishing the revised version of the list. If I find the time in the next few weeks I should have it done (well, up to the point where I can find no more data to add--although I'm sure there's more data to be found).

Just a few things I thought I'd ask.

I believe I've researched just about everything that can be found up to and including 2006 (with some surprises on things I missed the last time I did the list), but I'm a little vague on 2007 releases (or upcoming confirmed publications for 2008). So Showcase Presents Superman Family v.2 is out and Showcase Presents World's Finest v.1 is out--I don't have either of these, but I believe I can reconstruct the contents based on the information provided at the DC Comics website (the GCD doesn't have these contents yet)--were there other books that came out this past year that reprinted any Superman (& family) content from between 1947 and 1958?

When I do get the reprint list up to where I think it should be (correcting as many typos as I can, confirming publication dates, etc.), where should I post the darn thing? This time I think I'll post it in four parts, rather than all one post, so it will be easier to edit one section without editing the whole darn thing (a problem I remember from the last time). 

India Ink
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 12:00:25 AM »

I think the main thing I'm missing are the contents for Amazing Transformations of Jimmy Olsen. I might buy this book anyway in the next couple of weeks (although I have most of the stories, in one form or another)--but GCD doesn't have the contents up and the DC website doesn't list the stories.

I think that's the only other book I'm missing. Although there may be other foreign editions and the like. But I will trust that posters to provide more information once I put up the list.

India Ink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L