superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonK-Metal Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:15:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The worst superhero comics ever published  (Read 23981 times)
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 10:11:39 PM »

Justice League Detroit and Secret Wars II were some of the worst, but the Captain Marvel who yelled "split" and his android body parts would split off is the worst in my opinion.

http://dialbforblog.com/archives/46/

SPLIT! Reader, meet Captain Marvel! The character, an android, was created by Carl Burgos in 1966. (Burgos also created the original Human Torch, another android.) Cap's freakish power: the ability to split his own body parts from his body. Arms, legs, head, even fingers.

How did it work? Well, basically, Cap yells SPLIT to separate his parts, then yells XAM to call them back. Hence the designation "Split-Xam." The transformative words "Split-Xam" approximated the magic word that changed Billy Batson to the original Captain Marvel: SHAZAM!

I didn't mind 3D Man all that much and thought that he was somewhat interesting.  The Fly was OK for me as well, and his origina wasn't any more absurd as any other character at that time.  His grown up adventures as part of the actual Mighty Crusaders were by far worse.

Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 09:12:09 PM »

That's was the worst one for me because i never really cared for substitute heroes(expecially a bad one like this)..

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Shazam!
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 04:49:03 PM »

Now there's been a lot of loose talk in this thread dissin' the 80s Captain Marvel, and all I have to say about that is that I still have the Spider-Man annual in which she first appeared and she is fantastic and I want to marry her.

As for really bad superhero comics, you can always count on Rich Buckler. I've never actually been able to locate a copy of this, so I can only dream about how bad it is, but chances are it is a serious contender: http://www.toonopedia.com/reagan.htm

You know guys, I can still kick some butt, just that I have to make it a point to stop trying to kick Superman's butt because I always get mine kicked and handed back to me on a plate. Now as for that picture of Thor. He looks too much like Aquaman in the JLA animated series and his hammer isn't big enough.  As for that so-called depiction of me splitting up like that, even that's just silly. Everybody is always putting up a fus about my duds, that guy's duds top the tamale and that looks more like what Red Tornado does anyway. That guy looks like a store bought mannequin.

The Real Captain Marvel!
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 12:23:20 PM »

Super Green Beret

Although the horrid Liefeld comic where Jesus Christ fights the Olympian panthenon has got to be up there as well.

There is also THE DOOM COMIC
http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 06:01:02 PM »

Doom....very funny indeed !   Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L