superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSUPER FRIENDS DVD!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Unofficial 52 List 23/52  (Read 15829 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« on: September 07, 2007, 02:45:43 PM »

For those that missed it, below is the current catalogued DC Multiverse.

Confirmed

New Earth = Post-Infinite Crisis Main Continuity

Earth 2 = Golden Age

Earth 3 = Crime Society of America (Golden Age villainous version of the Justice Society)

Earth 4 = Charlton

Earth 5 = Captain Marvel & Family

Earth 8 = Angor (Extremists & Champions)

Earth 10 = Freedom Fighters vs Nazis

Earth 12 = Batman Beyond (Timmverse?)

Earth 15 = Perfect Evolution

Earth 17 = Atomic Knights

Earth 18 = Justice Riders

Earth 19 = Gotham By Gaslight

Earth 21 = New Frontier

Earth 22 = Kingdom Come

Earth 26 = Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew

Earth 30 = Red Son

Earth 31 = Superman/Batman (issues 14-18): Absolute Power

Earth 32 = Batman: In Darkest Knight

Earth 34 = Wonder Woman: Amazonia

Earth 40 = JSA Liberty Files/Unholy Three

Earth 43 = Red Rain Trilogy

Earth 48 = Forerunners

Earth 50 = Wildstorm

Confirmed but not designated

Tangent Universe

Dark Knight Frank Miller (Earth-7?)

Atomic Era (Batman vs aliens, Superman vs muffins?)

Earth-1 (Silver Age?)

Post-Crisis on Infinite Earths (MoS Byrne Superman, Perez Wonder Woman, Batman: Year One, Giffen & DeMatteis  Justice League etc)

Post-Zero Hour: Crisis in Time (Mullet Superman, Kyle Rayner Green Lantern, Connor Hawke Green Arrow, Urban Legend Batman, Jack Knight Starman, JLA, JSA, Mark Waid's Legion reboot etc )

Pre-Infinite Crisis (Birthright Superman, Johns' Teen Titans, DnA's Legion Lost, Cassandra Cain Batgirl etc)

Conjurors (Elseworlds story revolving around magic) 

Superwoman and Batwoman from With A Vengeance ( Superman Batman #24)

Justice League: The Nail

Batgirl and Robin Thrillkiller/Batgirl & Batman: Thrillkiller '62

Possible

Superman: the Dark Side

Robin 3000

Elseworld's Finest: Supergirl & Batgirl

JLA: The Secret Society of Super-Heroes

Watchmen

That's 34 of 52 counting unnumbered.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 03:57:11 PM by Michel Weisnor » Logged

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
carmelo
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »

"Confirmed" and "Confirmed but not designated" from who?  Huh?
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 02:35:20 PM »

Wasn't Earth 3 the home of the evil version of the League not the JSA? Couldn't Post Crisis Earth & 1990's Earth be combined into one planet? Jurgen's Superman more connected to Byrne's Supes anyways.
I'm surprised DC didn't add that Elseworlds story of a young Superman teaming with an older Batman becoming freedom fighters on a Kryptonian controlled Earth. That story would make a great addition in the new multiverse.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:43:48 PM by Superman of America » Logged

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 07:37:52 PM »

"Confirmed" and "Confirmed but not designated" from who?  Huh?

DC's 52 Multiverse list is gathered from monthlies, convention info, and other comicbook related publications. I did not add Vertigo or JSA Liberty Files/JSA: The Unholy Three due to the lack of evidence supporting these claims. Although not specifically stated, "Superman Era" Earths were quietly introduced in Action Comics 850. In fact, I believe there are pictures if you check some of the threads below.  Wink 

Wasn't Earth 3 the home of the evil version of the League not the JSA? Couldn't Post Crisis Earth & 1990's Earth be combined into one planet? Jurgen's Superman more connected to Byrne's Supes anyways.
I'm surprised DC didn't add that Elseworlds story of a young Superman teaming with an older Batman becoming freedom fighters on a Kryptonian controlled Earth. That story would make a great addition in the new multiverse.

In the new 52 multiverse, Earth-3's Crime Society of America (updated by DC) are evil doppelgangers of Earth-2's Justice Society of America. Geoff Johns revealed Grant Morrison's Crime Syndicate of AmeriKa (introduced in 2000) are still very much alive and living in Qward. Morrison's CSA are evil analogues of New Earth's Justice League of America. Pre-Crisis Earth-3 CSA, first appearance Justice League of America v1 29, perished in Crisis on Infinite Earths. Although, for what it's worth, Pre-Crisis Ultraman and Power Ring did appear in Morrison's Animal Man 23 & 24.   

DC appears to make a distinction between Byrne's Man of Steel and Dan Jurgens' Superman. However, I believe it's more along the lines of an Earth with immediate Post-Crisis on Infinite Earths continuity (Emerald Dawn Hal, Perez Wonder Woman, Wally West starting out as the Flash) versus the mid 90's replacement continuity (Mullet Superman, Azbats, Artemis Wonder Woman, and Kyle Rayner Green Lantern. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Okay, after doing some digging, I found and read the issue above. For those interested, this Elseworld's Kryptonian conquers Earth story is Superman Man of Steel Annual 3 (1994).  Grin

Just a thought...

One idea, I have about 52, is what was written in the 52 #52. Apparently, before Mr. Mind chowed down, all 52 Earths were identical, especially when it came to Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman. After Mr Mind's meal, the Earths were changed sometimes in dramatic ways. My theory is, although the continuities are different, each 52 Earth has Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman. Perhaps in different timelines or worlds but each of the big three lives within each of the 52.

Other 52 Earths I'd like to see:

Superman/Batman Generations & Batman/Captain America

Super-Sons: Superman Jr. and Batman Jr.

Superboy (now Superman) and The Legion of Superheroes

German Expressionism trilogy Superman Metropolis etc

Ultra-Man from Superman 411

Letitia Lerner, Superman's Babysitter Grin
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:19:37 AM by Michel Weisnor » Logged

Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 02:17:33 AM »

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/solicitations.html

Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 04:18:14 AM »

Another Elseworlds title: Thrillkiller added to the list.

Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 01:22:24 PM »

Goody, *more* Elseworlds sucking up their limited number of Earths... vs., oh I dunno, leaving them *unidentified* and blank for future storytelling needs?!

Though as long as they're identifying Earths, I still hope they're reserving Earth-25 or -27 for "Earth-C-Minus" (the alternate Earth of the Zoo Crew series that pre-Crisis was a funny-animal reflection of Earth-1), or remember to at least...

dto
Action Ace

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »

Thrillkiller?   Huh?  I have both books, and while they were interesting Elseworlds I certainly didn't think they would be among the 52 Earths, since the storyline concentrated only on the Bat family in Gotham, and provided little information on the world as a whole (other than the 1960s setting).  For instance, I don't recall any references to other "superhero" interaction.

Then again, I was shocked when DC Direct released figures based on Thrillkiller.

Hmm... DC Direct also recently produced figures based on Superman: Red Son and Wonder Woman: Amazonia, both represented among the 52.  Perhaps we now see the reason for these selections?  If we can take clues from DC Direct's latest offerings, an Elseworlds Finest: Supergirl and Batgirl world and perhaps even the reverse-gender Laurel Superwoman and Helena Batwoman world seen in Superman/Batman might also be included.

Too bad the ongoing legal battle over Superboy means that one of my favorite Elseworlds, Superboy's Legion, won't be represented.   Sad

DTO
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L