superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Unofficial 52 List 23/52  (Read 15836 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 11:34:14 PM »

Too bad the ongoing legal battle over Superboy means that one of my favorite Elseworlds, Superboy's Legion, won't be represented.   Sad

There is an unidentified Legion of Superheroes in the recent Previews. Who knows? We may see Superman's Legion!  Cheesy Wink

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 12:08:43 AM »

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=131066

"NRAMA: Mike - hate to keep kicking this dead horse, but wouldn't this have been a great place for an Editor's Note? After all, you've got a main character referring to something which hasn't even been seen yet...so it's not as if even the regular readers know what's going on, let alone the readers who only pick up Countdown... I mean - what's the philosophy behind not pointing readers to another story they might enjoy and possibly buy?

MC: The answer remains the same: There would simply be too many footnotes in a series like this... There are already several narrators forcing several caption styles and I would still like for some of the art to show through the copy. Also the internet does much of this job for us. and we’ve just run several DC Nation pages to help you out. Again you assume this is a story that hasn’t been seen yet... When it is simply a story you haven’t seen or forgot about."

This question seems fair and reasonable. On the other hand, the answer appears obstinate. It wouldn't hurt DC to put footnotes in this series or the other monthlys. I don't understand why Marvel still uses footnotes and DC abandoned them. Doesn't DC want to encourage readers to purchase more books? I'm certainly flummoxed. 

Another editor criticism, besides monthlys jumping ahead of Countdown (and vice versa), DC doesn't have everyone on the same page when it comes to the 52 Earths. The Forerunners are suppose to originate from Earth-48 or Earth-35. Who knows? I don't even think the writers do. Now, Earth-12 and Earth-15 are confused. According to Mike Carlin, the internet has all the answers.  Cheesy

Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 04:11:16 PM »

Update 11/10/2007

Added more Earths to this list, thanks to an Arena splash page by Arthur Adams. I'm not sure if these New Earths listed are confirmed or hypothetical, so I left them as possible. 

Superman: the Dark Side

Darkseid diverts young Kal's ship to Apokolips, Darkseid raises Superman, and mayhem ensues.

Robin 3000

Futuristic Tom Wayne a la Tom Swift battles aliens in the year 3000

Elseworld's Finest: Supergirl & Batgirl

Infant Kal-El dies and Bruce Wayne never becomes Batman. However, Kara and Barbara continue as World's Finest.

JLA: The Secret Society of Super-Heroes

JLA is a covert society.

Watchmen

I wonder if Alan Moore knows?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 04:14:28 PM by Michel Weisnor » Logged

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 07:39:42 AM »

Robin 3000

This sounds so remarkably insane it may actually be quite good.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 03:46:43 PM »

Robin 3000

This sounds so remarkably insane it may actually be quite good.

Written by Byron Preiss, with an assist by Stevev Ringgenberg, Robin 3000 was a two issue mini back in 1992.

"Bruce Wayne XIX, once a prisoner of the Skulp, revived the legacy of his legendary ancestor and began a fight against the aliens. Joined by his nephew Tom, they led the rebellion against the Skulp until the day they were cornered by Skulp warships. Bruce sacrificed his life to offer Tom—the new Robin—a chance to escape. And so, in the year 3000, Robin must carry on alone in the fight for man’s freedom."

If anything, DC's 52 reinvigorated interest in forgotten Elseworlds and the last 21 years.

Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »

"Letitia Lerner, Superman's Babysitter"

I'll take this one, thanx! Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L