superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:39:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you like to see do their own take on Superman?  (Read 28178 times)
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 05:27:47 AM »

Len Wein perhaps?
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 01:38:00 AM »

Eliot S! Maggin.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 08:52:22 AM »

Maggin's too busy running for office - but you're right it would be great to see him back.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 01:42:47 AM »

Hey if Fred Thompson can be on Law and Order and run for president, Maggin could at least write superman.

Actually it could be cool if they got Maggin and Bates back together. Seems like Elliot still has a real "feel" for supes and can still write (well I liked Kingdom Come the novel more than the comic)
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 12:06:01 AM »

For a new twist on the character Millar,for something fun Giffen,for something that looks like classic Meltzer.

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 02:34:32 AM »

I think I read somewhere that Frank Miller wanted to do a Superman gig. Of course knowing him, he would graphically show the deaths of each individual Kryptonian and Superman would suffer survivors guilt or some other dark thing. Cheesy
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 05:20:46 PM »

All Star Superman is sort of what I hoped would happen for Superman in the post-CoIE period--in that I wanted both Superman and Batman to have a dedicated series on a Vertigo level by one creative team that could boldly go where no other series could go (unafraid of censorship)--while at the same time a general interest series continued and maybe a kid friendly version would also be on hand.

So to that end, I'm hoping Morrison will continue (with Quitely who is becoming a better and better Superman artist--although the colouring/inking detracts from the work) and I wouldn't want All Star to be a round table of creative teams and their arcs, the way Legends of the Dark Knight used to be.

That being said, it would be nice to have Elliot Maggin or Martin Pasko back on Superman. Alan Moore would be good--but that aint gonna happen. Gaiman has shown an interest in the Man of Steel and could probably do a good job (but the Sandman series was really his adaptation of the Weisinger era Superman, so there's nowhere for him to go that he hasn't all ready gone).

But I'd really like to see Alvin Schwartz have a kick at Superman again. Or at least have his book, An Unlikely Prophet, adapted as a comic book series. The most obvious artist for this would be Alex Ross--but I'm growing weary of photographic realism in what are supposed to be comic books--so I'd rather see an artist who could evoke the work of Wayne Boring and Al Plastino and the other early artists who used to illustrate Schwartz's stories.

India Ink
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 04:20:14 AM »

I think the All Star Superman book is kind of redundant or lacking a purpose after Morrison. Thereīs already a Superman book with rotative crative teams, Superman Confidencial. And more to the point: The marketing of the All Star book were based on iconic stories with the greatest creators associated with the character. We already have thar in the montlhy books right now. Elliot S! Maggin, Cary Bates and Matin Pasko are revered by pre-Crisis fans, not best sellers authors. Not in comics, anyway. Mark Millar would be the logical choice, but the All Star line will be very old news when he leave Marvel, and with this odd new Multiverse, itīs not much different from writing in the regular series. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L