superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:28:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Which of these would you marry?
80s Capt. Marvel - 1 (7.7%)
60s Supergirl - 3 (23.1%)
70s Supergirl - 4 (30.8%)
Mary Marvel - 2 (15.4%)
Saturn Girl - 2 (15.4%)
Dazzler - 0 (0%)
Jimmy Olsen - 1 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you marry?  (Read 19396 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« on: September 11, 2007, 10:11:39 AM »

From Kitty Pryde to Jean Grey to Storm to Mary Jane Watson, comics fanboys have always had crushes on comic book heroines and leading ladies.  The disease even extends to writers and artists, with John Byrne's lust for She-Hulk perhaps the most famous.  Recently a few members here like Permanus and Klar have even confessed to super-crushes on some of our favourite super-females --hence this poll:

Imagining yourself a single young comic book character (and attracted to women), who would you choose to wed among those listed here --all recently discussed on this forum?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 01:32:09 PM »

Songbird from THUNDERBOLTS. With the gorgeous two-tone hair and all that. She's had a sad life, so you just want to give her a cuddle. Anyway, you ever hate how a girl never shuts up about how great their ex was? Well, her dating history consists of the Beetle, that hippie Angar the Screamer, and Baron Zemo. INSTANT WIN!

How about Ms. Marvel? She's got that blonde shiksa thing going for her. I can imagine the love poetry I'd write. "Oh, my darling Carol. Of all the women I've met, you are by far the least like my Mother."

My response is tempered by the fact that if I married a supersexy female character, all the horny teenagers that love said character will hate me forever. Almost as much as I hate that evil, conniving usurper that stole Jennifer Gardner away in ALIAS. I'll get you one day, guy from ALIAS! Yes, I know you've got that (ahem) "administrative complaint" put on me, but I've learned to mentally estimate 100 yards!

In that spirit, I'd have to say Rogue, but not because I like her, but because I totally despise the idea of seeing Gambit "win."

Then again, I'd be the topic of lovey-dubby, perfume ad "shipfic" written by horrible fangirls, so no thanks.

Can I select as my answer Graviton's entire harem?

I'd like to select Squirrel Girl, because she's obviously in a physically awkward phase now, but I have a suspicion she's going to grow up to be smokin' HOT. Those buck teeth of hers make her look better, not worse, like Barbra Streisand's nose.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 02:23:15 PM »

Songbird from THUNDERBOLTS. With the gorgeous two-tone hair and all that. She's had a sad life, so you just want to give her a cuddle. Anyway, you ever hate how a girl never shuts up about how great their ex was? Well, her dating history consists of the Beetle, that hippie Angar the Screamer, and Baron Zemo. INSTANT WIN!

I don't read Thunderbolts, but I thought Songbird was that Black Canary rip-off who was romantically linked to Green Arrow rip-off Hawkeye. (hee hee, watch me wind up Uncle Julian, kids!  Cheesy)

Anyway, I think you'll find that women who attract a long string of losers and abusers are usually head cases themselves.  On some level they seek out guys who'll mistreat them, and like it (as witness Lana Turner, for instance).

Out of the choices given, I'd have to go with Supergirl in the 70s, probably the first female to ever open my eyes to the virtues of females.  Nice curves, good hair, hot pants, a billowy blouse with a plunging "v" neckline and those cute little slippers.  What's not to love?  Plus she was a sweetie.  I liked her in the 60s, too, but come on, she was 14 years old...do I look like Jerry Lee Lewis?  (For you youngsters on the board, make that R. Kelley)

The trouble, of course, is that we're mere mortals, and historically they haven't fared well in marriages to super-females.  What ever happened to that touchy-feely New Age pansy Donna Troy married?

Saturn Girl is smokin' hot in her Cockrum-era swimsuit, but honestly what guy in his right mind would hook up with a babe who can read your thoughts?  Logically, Imra should be like Rogue...a gorgeous babe who's nonetheless shunned by males because of her powers.

Anyway, I think "who would you marry" is a question for 9-year-olds.  The average fanboy today is closer to 30, I'll wager, so the question should be "who would you bang"...with the unspoken follow-up "if she inexplicably lost her standards and/or vision."

This looks like a job for...
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 06:24:09 PM »

I don't read Thunderbolts, but I thought Songbird was that Black Canary rip-off who was romantically linked to Green Arrow rip-off Hawkeye. (hee hee, watch me wind up Uncle Julian, kids!  Cheesy)
And if that Mockingbird don't sing, Julian buys nightwing a diamond ring. 

Amusingly, Black Canary is more like Mockingbird (not Songbird) now than she was in the '80s.  Perhaps she'll find her way into a refridgerator.

As far as the initial topic...  there's something about Mary...

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 06:35:18 PM »

Marry?Huh??

What kind of guy fantasizes about marriage?

Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 08:20:18 PM »

I kind of liked Linda with the wig and Smallville Lana from 1950s stories. I would have ran from Lyla Lerrol who I found rather cold and artificial (Marilyn Monroe hair).

I was out of comics by High School, so any "feelings" never got any deeper.
Dial H For Hero
Supermen of America

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 11:17:50 PM »

The 70s Supergirl, probably, but as said previously. who fantasizes about marriage?

And why is Jimmy on the list?   Huh?
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 11:19:41 PM »

Jimmy made a darn attractive girl when he cross-dressed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L