superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:02:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Which of these would you marry?
80s Capt. Marvel - 1 (7.7%)
60s Supergirl - 3 (23.1%)
70s Supergirl - 4 (30.8%)
Mary Marvel - 2 (15.4%)
Saturn Girl - 2 (15.4%)
Dazzler - 0 (0%)
Jimmy Olsen - 1 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you marry?  (Read 19587 times)
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 01:01:12 AM »

Was Cross-dressing Jimmy REALLY attractive, or was he just drawn that way?

And I don't think we're FANTASIZING about marriage here, but answering a legitimate question.

Having been married for 22 years and in the same relationship for 30, I would say the important thing is picking someone who you are able to get along with for an extended period of time, as well as being in love .

Physically, 70's Supergirl (who appeared it seems right as I hit puberty!) would be my immediate choice, but of the choices given, I'd have to go with Mary Marvel

Off list......Zatanna

Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 01:52:25 AM »

The modern day Power Girl for her (ahem!) assets. Although I thought of this while reading the Generations series: if Supergirl (or in this case Power Girl) is indestructable, how would a normal man break her hyman? Huh?
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 06:36:43 AM »

Supergirl in her best form, the 70īs version! But the new Smallville actress is hot, too.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 02:13:25 AM »

Off list......Zatanna

Three words: Fishnets. Top hat. Tux.

oooh la la
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 12:57:51 PM »

Permanus asks:

I've already said 1980s Captain Marvel, haven't I? Can I have more than one wife?

I don't know; it's not working out so well for this guy: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/12/jeffs.walkup/index.html

Cause I'd probably take She-Hulk as my other wife. I know how that sounds. One black wife and one green one.

Not at all. Some of my best friends are green.

This looks like a job for...
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2007, 07:10:45 PM »

For me, it wa a simple process of elimination:

Jimmy ain't my type, and I don't think I need to. uh, drag this out any further.

Dazzler and 70s Supergirl are hot, but there's entirely too much soap opera drama queen for my tastes. 

60s Supergirl just seems too young and strange. 

80s Captain Marvel never really interested me as a character until Nextwave.

Saturn Girl can read minds, and the person who could read my mind and would still want to marry me scares the bejeebers out of me.

And the fact that I would seriously use "bejeebers" in a sentence probably pegs me as a Mary Marvel fan, though we have to be talking about an adult  Mary Marvel of course.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2007, 10:15:40 PM »

I agree that Zatanna has a great costume but it would look good on just about anyone with the same "heroically proportioned" body type --and quite a few in the range on either side!  But what is Zatanna's personality like?  She's kind of a New Age daddy's girl, no?  Something of an exhibitionist/performer.  Just as likely to turn you into a swine as to engage in an even-tempered discussion. 

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 01:40:51 AM »

I agree that the costume definitely WOULD look good on most any fit female, but I really was thinking more in terms of personality. as well.   Daddy's girl, as in spoiled? To my recollection I don't see her that way.
Newage, ala Penn Gillette's rhyme with Sewage?  Possibly, but since we're talking of a world where magic is "real" and not a pack of hooey, I can forgive that

She's always seemed rather pleasant, same like Mary Marvel (until recently in Countdown, of course, but that's the Eclipso talking)

and yes, an ADULT Mary, preferably closer to my age (48 next month), no more than 10 years younger
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L