superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:51:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supergirl and Kandor  (Read 9249 times)
Ace Corona
Superman Fan

« on: September 17, 2007, 03:48:00 AM »

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the issue numbers of any Silver Age comic books that feature Supergirl and the shrunken city of Kandor. I run a teen giantess website, and I'd like to look at an image of her standing near the shrunken city, so I can to do a painting or an illustration of it. (I'm somewhat of an artist.)

I've been reading Legion of Superheroes comic books since I was ten, and I'm 36 now, so I remember encountering reprints of old comics with her and Kandor. This will make it easy for me to go to my local comic book shop and look for those particular issues.

Thank you in advance.
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 08:20:37 AM »

Here's one:

http://superman.nu/tales3/greatest/?page=65

DTO
Ace Corona
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 08:00:42 PM »

Thanks dto, but I'm looking for a shot where she's standing next to the bottle city. I want a shot that would look good as the main pic of a teen giantess website. Does anyone know of an issue where Supergirl is standing near the city of Kandor?
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 09:31:59 PM »

What, pray tell, is a teen giantess website?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 09:57:34 PM »

I seem to remember a cover that shows her smashing it or dropping it.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Ace Corona
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 10:12:49 PM »

DavidElliot: There is a community of people on the Internet who write giantess stories and make giantess illustrations. Most of these sites are for adults only, because they feature adult content.

My site is called the Teen Giantess Outpost, and has stories I've written that are aimed at a teen audience. Here's the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/teengiantessop

Most of my stories are rated PG-13, because they contain vore. I want to find an illustration of Supergirl next to the bottle city of Kandor so I can draw it, color it, and post it as the main illustration on the main page of my website.

In some of my stories, such as "Megawoman & Goddess-Girl," the girls grow to colossal size. In my other stories, people shrink and interact with normal-sized female characters.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 10:44:38 PM »

I seem to remember a cover that shows her smashing it or dropping it.

That would be this Adams classic.  But it's only her lower half (not that there's anything wrong with her lower half!)

This looks like a job for...
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 05:12:07 AM »

http://fortressofortitude.files.wordpress.com/2006/06/leslalar3.gif

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/comics101/images/2005/sep14/kandor.jpg

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L