superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was "Encyclopedia of Comic Book Heroes : Superman" released yet?  (Read 6817 times)
Avilos
Supermen of America

« on: September 17, 2007, 08:49:50 PM »

This was supposed to be released on Sept 12. I ordered it from Amazon on the 11th and they have still yet to ship it. Delaying the estimate at least once. So did anyone actually buy or see any copies yet? Or was it delayed?

I figured that since in its original form as "The Great Superman Book" its practically your Bible you guys would know!  Wink
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:34:41 PM »

Iīve pre-ordered from Amazon, too. Still waiting their position about the delay...
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 10:38:54 PM »

I saw a copy in my LCS last Thursday.

Already the pages look older than my original...that's the trouble with using that cheap pulp.  Still, it's nice to have this back in print in any form.

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 10:46:09 PM »

My experience has been that bookshops (including Amazon) get comic-book items later than comicshops get them.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Avilos
Supermen of America

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 02:29:39 AM »

I noticed that too! Unfortunately my local "comic book shop" is really a gaming shop...that happens to carry a
few monthly comic titles.
Avilos
Supermen of America

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 05:57:39 AM »

In case anyone was curious Amazon delayed there shipping estimate until November! So I canceled my order. I went to my local Walden books and they told me they have 160 copies in their warehouse... I assume for the whole US. That seemed very low to me...
Anyways I ordered it from them and they should have it later this week!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 11:52:38 AM »

Amazon has it in Stock right now, are you sure you ordered the right one?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1401213898/theamalgamatron
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:04:01 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 02:05:59 PM »

Amazon indeed delayed it to novenber, but shipped my order last week... so trust in Amazon, even if it donīt make any sense!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L