superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:06:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FAQ on posting images  (Read 6833 times)
India Ink
Superman Squad

« on: September 22, 2007, 05:51:02 PM »

So I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs of posting images on this forum. I looked around and can't seem to find a FAQ on what to do, so I thought I would start a thread so those in the know can tell us neophytes.

I'll start things off with my question. I see that posters can put a small thumbnail of an image, so you can click to a larger image (and some have polling or view counts). Okay, so how do they do that?

India Ink
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:54:02 PM »

When you start a new post or reply to a new post you will see a text post, in which you type you post and right below you will see a link called "additional options...", click on it and you will see all kinds of neat check boxes and a long one called "Attach:" with a browse button. click on the browse button to browse your hard drive and pick the image that you want to attach. Please note that the image file cannot be larger than 128kb and that you can only post 4 images per post.

I will attach one with this post...

* AllStarSuperman3panel.jpg (86.48 KB, 400x197 - viewed 904 times.)

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 07:58:17 PM »

now to post an image hosted at another site, you can use the button that looks like this just click on that button and type or paste the url of the image that you would like to link.

Like this:

You can also just use the image tag of "img" to perform the same task.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 06:15:49 PM »

Posting the actual size image I can do--although that puts up a picture that is kind of imposing on a forum thread--but after many tries I still can't seem to attach an image. All I get is "error on the page." Also, in preview the attachment doesn't show up, so it's hard to know what it will look like before posting. And, to get to the magic 128 kb number it seems you have to cut the jpeg down to so few pixels that it doesn't look good anyway.

If I ever get the attachment thing to work, is there a way to post a thumbnail image that links to a larger (more kb) image?

I'd like to include this feature if and when I complete the lost decade reprint list (ie. post examples of reprint book covers in thumbnail that can be clicked for larger images).

India Ink
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 05:08:21 PM »

Test

* indiaink2.JPG (52.47 KB, 288x413 - viewed 885 times.)

India Ink
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 05:19:05 PM »

Well that worked, finally. Although I could only use the image from my computer, not the image from my photobucket--so that's weird.

The above image is my hasty black and white version of a postcard image I found a couple years ago. It's called "Modern Sketch, 1934 (art: various artists)" on the back of the postcard--and it says "FROM HONG KONG COMICS: 30 POSTCARDS PUBLISHED BY CHRONICLE BOOKS" (copyright  2005 Princeton Architectural Press, Hong Kong Comics).

Let's see if I can post the actual image--not as an attachment--from my photobucket...

Points to anyone who can translate the Chinese characters. And extra points if you can identifying all the drawing devices in the image. I can't do either.

India Ink
superboy
Superman Emergency Squad

Up,Up and away.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »

test

* s.bmp (28.69 KB, 103x94 - viewed 523 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L