superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new animated shows  (Read 4441 times)
OKITOMAGIC
Superman Fan

« on: October 03, 2007, 12:39:09 AM »

To everyone
With the new group of animated shows, Legion , Batman , FF, NEW SPIDERMAN . as well as Superman -Doomsday
now on tv (or coming up ) what are the view points , likes and dislikes about them.
So far the only negative viewpoint, that I have is the new FF , ( I would like to see the ones with Herbie )
it is too soon for the new Legion , to express a view , but I wish some of the legion art could be a little better
Timber Wolf , could have used the late great Dave C 's model
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 12:52:51 PM »

I liked the first season of Legion of Super Heroes, its was sort of a hybrid of stories, had some characterization for the modern kids but was still bright. Not a fan of Season Two so far.

I have no idea where The Batman is going, I thought it was supposed to be a fresh take on his early career but it quickly settled into a Timm's clone and now Batman is all wrapped up in the DC universe.
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »

I haven't seen most of these shows. I saw one episode of FF and it looked like it was supposed to be the animated version of the Ultimates universe. Batman is one I've seen more of and it looks okay (I'm glad they brought back the yellow circle around his symbol) but I hate how everybody on TV today has to look like their in high school as this Batman does. Legion I've seen some episodes of and it was also okay, I don't think their going for the Silver Age history but I guess that's fine. All in all, it seems like DC is trying to oversaturate Superman right now and I'm not sure that that's a good thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L