superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All WB Superheroes shows soon to be canceled?  (Read 9202 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: October 05, 2007, 12:37:13 AM »

This can't be a good thing...

Bye Bye Batman, Tom & Jerry, and The Legion of Super Heroes. Hello more Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and crap like that.

Variety is reporting that The CW will shut down Kids’ WB! at the end of this season and turn Saturday mornings over to 4Kids Entertainment (which has taken over Fox’s Saturday morning kids block for the past six years). According to Variety:

Under the five-year pact, 4Kids will program five hours of children’s programming between 7 a.m. and noon on Saturdays on the CW starting September 2008. 4Kids will handle all national commercial advertising, and will share in ad revenue with the CW.

SOURCES:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117973235.html?categoryid=14&cs=1
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/

The CW is the last broadcast network to air original kids programming produced in-house. With one less outlet for homegrown animated shows, this announcement is another blow to the local SoCal production community.

On the plus side, it’s one less outlet for the perennial spin-offs of Scooby Doo. Zoinks!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:49:06 AM by Super Monkey » Logged

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 12:48:33 AM »

Here is a article that rather half-arsely tries to spin it as if they are not really getting canceled.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=131642

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 03:51:36 AM »

4Kids taking over Kids WB... (screams real loud for a few minutes)

Apparently Time-Warner really does have trained monkeys running their animation divisions, between handing over Kids WB to the *worst* possible animation company (endless crappy anime series is *not* my idea of "good viewin' ") and their running Cartoon Network into the ground via their putting live-action movies and shows on.

I suppose it's possible that Legion and Scooby-Doo (the only two shows left on Kids WB I liked) will find a home on Cartoon Network... but given this is Time-Warner, I'm not holding my breath (or making any predictions)...

Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:01:12 AM »

Will 4Kids program for both the Fox & CW affliates? That sounds kinda wrong to me.

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »

4Kids taking over Kids WB... (screams real loud for a few minutes)

Apparently Time-Warner really does have trained monkeys running their animation divisions, between handing over Kids WB to the *worst* possible animation company (endless crappy anime series is *not* my idea of "good viewin' ") and their running Cartoon Network into the ground via their putting live-action movies and shows on.

I suppose it's possible that Legion and Scooby-Doo (the only two shows left on Kids WB I liked) will find a home on Cartoon Network... but given this is Time-Warner, I'm not holding my breath (or making any predictions)...

Well, there are some good anime series, but they can't be put on television due to content.  Heck, a lot of the old US cartoons can't be put on televison due to content.  Johnn Quest actually had an episode where a person was shot and killed with a rifle.

However 90% of everything is crap.  The filters that were in place between the United States and Japan are breaking down and the crap anime is now coming through.

Live action on Cartoon Network?  Not good.  If it was something like Thunderbirds or Stingray which used puppets, I could see.

Ah well, I guess I'll stick to my plan and only buy DVD's of shows I like, including cartoons and anime, and not bother with cable, Direct TV, or sattelite.
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 03:05:51 PM »

Some of the shows will probably crossover: Scooby, Legion, and the Batman. Frankly, Cartoon Network needs an injection of new shows. This appears to be the remedy. 

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 03:44:48 PM »

I don't have much time to ever watch Saturday morning toons anymore, but based on what I have seen... I miss the days of old...

Remember Saturday mornings?  The Archie's, Wacky Races, HR Puffinstuf, Batman/Superman/Aquaman Hours, Bugs Bunny/Road Runner, Super Friends, Bugaloos, Land of the Lost, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl and then the more obscure stuff like Big John Little John, Waldo Kitty, Wonderbug, Far Out Space Nuts, etc...

And of course, Star Trek!

Today, Saturday mornings are so generic and sanitized... like "Nick on CBS" and "Disney on ABC" and I don't know on NBC...  no more originality.  Everything subbed out to outside programmers.  We don't have cable or satellite and I don't miss it... but give us some magical Saturday mornings!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 07:57:18 PM »

Wow, Big John Little John!  Haven't thought of THAT one in a long time...

Anyway, the best of the stuff on your list is available on DVD, thank goodness.  If it weren't for DVDs and the new Curious George show on PBS, my boys wouldn't watch anything.  And neither would I, come to think of it.

This looks like a job for...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L