superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All WB Superheroes shows soon to be canceled?  (Read 9192 times)
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 02:04:39 AM »

>>
Well, there are some good anime series, but they can't be put on television due to content.  Heck, a lot of the old US cartoons can't be put on televison due to content.  Johnn Quest actually had an episode where a person was shot and killed with a rifle.
<<

That's the thing---I never liked anime, thus seeing every other cartoon on today as some anime series (especially on Cartoon Network ) doesn't do anything for me.

Agree that Cartoon Network needs serious help, and that it's likely that Scooby, Johnny Test, and the superhero shows on Kids WB will wind up airing on CN next fall (plus the new Spider-Man cartoon that's supposed to debut on Kids WB midseason).

Yes, I miss Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings, as well; have considered upgrading from regular cable to digital cable just to get Boomerang and Toon Disney (and see all the various old cartoons airing on both channels now, from "Flintstones" on Boomerang to Superman: the Animated Series' debut on Toon Disney coming soon), along with a few other channels only on digital cable in my town (Game Show Network, BBC America, Logo, and CNN International in particular)...

Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 04:34:06 PM »

It might just be a matter of cheap labor. It's just cheaper to send cartoons over here from another country that wants to make them then pay for them "in house" so to speak (this might also be the reason why prime time doesn't have sitcoms on anymore and ops for cheaper "reality" shows where they don't have to pay writers or actors). I can't imagine characters like Batman and Superman having trouble finding an audience but if that's true, what does that say about kids today?

I like some anime too, but most of what I like isn't for kids. Most of the stuff that is is crap!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L