superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonStrange Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:36:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could have any one of Superman's powers, which would it be?  (Read 13317 times)
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 03:40:27 PM »

the ability to time travel would be pretty good but I dont know if it was accurate enough to go a day into the future and get the lotto numbers. (supes never seeemed to do that) but travelling a 1000 years into the future could be fun.

the thing with time travel it always has random rules about what you can and cannot do.
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 01:44:39 AM »

ok let's take it one step further, if you could have one of the powers of any one in the DCU who would it be and which power

High-level energy manipulation as demonstrated by Hal Jordan when he was Parallax (before the yellow grasshopper of fear possession retcon).
jimmy-neutron
Supermen of America

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 05:17:40 PM »

I was just thinking about this this morning. If I could have only one of Superman's powers, it would either be heat vision or flight (for obvious transportation reasons).
What about his humility and respect for life? Seems more developed than many people. In fact, I think this aspect was effectively used in one story. Something along the lines of someone observing Superman (or Superboy?) using each of his powers with the objective of being able to copy them for his own greed. When he was using his heat vision he used his superbreath to push away a bird that would have flown into its path. This trait was also "copied" with the result that the villian turned out OK.

OK, not much money in that!

Perhaps I'd go for super-intelligence? Then I'd learn how to spell "resign" and hand my notice in!

If enlarging the discussion to the rest of the DCU, I think I'd go for Flash.

As an aside, Superman can make use of his superspeed to travel in time. Has Flash ever been able to travel in time?
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »

The Barry Allen Flash could travel in time using the Cosmic Treadmill, but an issue of Secret Origins showed him travelling backwards in time after he ran faster than light to stop the tachyon that powered the Big Machine Thingy in Crisis on Infinite Earths. (That was quite a good plot idea actually: since he was travelling faster than light, he turned into energy and, moving back in time, became the selfsame lightning bolt that gave him his powers in the first place.)

To get back to the thread, if I could have any superpower in the DCU aside from Superman's, I suppose I'd go for Firestorm's transmuting spiel, which should, if I understand it correctly, allow me to turn anything into gold. Hey, look, if there were any superheroes who had the power to bring peace on earth, I'd choose that one, honest.

(Zatanna's powers are pretty good, too: she seems to be omnipotent, provided she's talking sdrawkcab. I might go for that.)

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 02:36:34 AM »

What about Martian Manhunter's shape shifting ability? Hey, he could fly and shoot lasers out of his eyes too! How about I just ask for all of HIS powers!
jimmy-neutron
Supermen of America

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 11:51:04 AM »

The Barry Allen Flash could travel in time using the Cosmic Treadmill, but an issue of Secret Origins showed him travelling backwards in time after he ran faster than light to stop the tachyon that powered the Big Machine Thingy in Crisis on Infinite Earths. (That was quite a good plot idea actually: since he was travelling faster than light, he turned into energy and, moving back in time, became the selfsame lightning bolt that gave him his powers in the first place.)
Does it seem strange that there weren't many Flash stories involving time travel? Some things mentioned above seem that when Flash does travel in time, he travel's in time differently to Superman.
JRJ123
Superman's Pal

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 09:33:33 PM »

Martian vision incorporates heat and x-ray vision, but does he have telescopic or microscopic vision like Superman? That aside, I'd go for intangibility. Or flight. Or super strength. Depends how I feel...

I have something to announce... I'm fat. There, I said it, now it's nobody's fault...Meg.
living not existing
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 09:07:38 PM »

Superhearing, because I'm nosy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L