superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 07:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Captain America  (Read 4843 times)
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« on: October 14, 2007, 12:29:40 PM »

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=99&itemid=10519

So is back with a new suit,and most important,with a new mysterious guy under,Ross fused the traditional costume with some elements from the golden age.

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 04:34:02 PM »

Yes, you can tell Alex Ross is a genius because he's managed to do something even Jack Kirby never could.

Namely, rip off The Shield:

Sorry, did I say "could"? I meant "would".

This looks like a job for...
FIRESTORM
Superman Fan

FIRESTORM- THE NUCLEAR MAN!

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:43:19 PM »

I wonder if Captain America as he is described, was su[pposed to be a part of General Patton's 3rd Army?  I mean he is supposed to be a military hero from World War II who was fighting Nazis.  He has a big letter "A" on his forehead, which was the symbol for Patton's 3rd Army that fought at the Battle of the Bulge.

Just my thought.

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 07:47:19 PM »

Yes, you can tell Alex Ross is a genius because he's managed to do something even Jack Kirby never could.

Namely, rip off The Shield

That's what I thought of too, except I couldn't remember the character's name, having only seen him in a compendium of Golden Age covers I have. I can't help thinking that Ross is also rehashing his character design for The Silver Agent in Astro City, what with the guns and all.

I suppose the guns are also a result of the gung-ho, hawkish trend that seems to be pervading many U.S. comics (especially Marvel), which probably reflects of ongoing conflicts; it's almost as if Captain America is returning to his original WW2 roots.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L